Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch sticks to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch sticks to the floor

99 camaro z28. Clutch sticks to the floor. It has to be pulled up manually with foot behind the pedal? Suggestions please?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:32 PM

It's most likely going to be the master or slave cylinders. This happened to me a few weeks ago. You can start by checking the clutch fluid and try bleeding the hydraulics. If this doesn't fix the problem you should try replacing one or both cylinders. I have asked and searched and I don't think there is a sure fire way to diagnose which is the problem without pulling them off the car anyway. The master cylinder should be the easiest and you can get nice adjustable replacements so I think I'll start there but I feel it's probably my slave which you need to pull tranny to access.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

it has happeen to me 2 different times and I changed my clutch both times. The first time it was after I did heads and cam. The second time it did it was after I kill the pressure plate at the track. It worked fine driving it normal, but would stick when I would race. First clutch I put in was a ls7 that lasted 30k and now I am running a zoom d2.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try and re-bleed system and see what happens, but you might need to replace slave and master.

Quick Reply: Clutch sticks to the floor