TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rabiddog,

Did you read this post ?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/12493111-post54.html
Old 11-12-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Yeah i read that. My pedal is firm and has no travel from when you start to push the clutch in. Then I mityvaced it the other day just to be sure. no air in the mighty vac really. there was a little in there from I am sure playing with it to much taking it off and on and messing with the bleeder but it came out right at the start.

I am putting money on the pp at the moment. I still haven't had time take it and put it on the bench press. I am going to take it assembled to the flywheel and see if it disengages off of the clutch. Doing that will tell me what I need to be looking at before I explode!!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

by the way patient. not me.

im ready to crack!!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Dude as long as you been waiting. I think your patient enough. I figured you would put the stock clutch back in till this one is resolved-lol. at least you could enjoy a drive since the weather has been somewhat okay. Mine has been down since april. But you know how work can get in the way.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Yeah bud the oilfield can kick your *** around here. It looks like its about to get crazy again too. Prep for some long days cause work is picking up fast!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rabiddog
I had a local transmission expert swing by today and take a look. I have GREAT NEWS!!! He said that the peddle is way stiff and should not be that hard.
This is exactly how my LS7 clutch became not long before it became hard to get into gear. When I first installed mine it was really easy like a stock clutch for awhile, now it's as hard to push in as the Spec clutch that was in the car when I bought this car.

I have done everything you have done, Tick M/C, bled, bled, bled, new slave and I can't get the problem worked out. If you want a saddening story, read about my problems its in this thread > Clutch Dragging?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Default It works!!!

OK here we go.

I took the LS7 to the chevy house. We assembled the clutch pp and flywheel and put it on the bench press. It desengaged perfectly. Scratch anything about the clutch being messed up.

I brought it home put it in and it now works. WTF!!! Ha I am not going to ask or care why it didn't before but hell it works now and everything is fine..

Thanks for everyone that spent there 2 cents on the issue. I might not have figured out what was causing the issue but I did learn alot about the damn thing.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

Did you reset the SAC mechanism when you took it in? If so then the plate may have been hung-up which could have been rectified by the resetting! Either way I am glad that it's all good now. Let me know if you have any further questions or issues. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK here we go.

I took the LS7 to the chevy house. We assembled the clutch pp and flywheel and put it on the bench press. It desengaged perfectly. Scratch anything about the clutch being messed up.

I brought it home put it in and it now works. WTF!!! Ha I am not going to ask or care why it didn't before but hell it works now and everything is fine..

Thanks for everyone that spent there 2 cents on the issue. I might not have figured out what was causing the issue but I did learn alot about the damn thing.
That is really strange.

Maybe SPEC-01 has something with the SAC being hung up.

I've read about other members having rare anomolies with LS7
clutch pressure plates.

Or perhaps rabiddog = anomoly ... j/k

Anyways, I'm glad you got the dog gone thing working.

It should last you a good long time.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Or perhaps rabiddog = anomoly ... j/k
haha no **** right I'm sure this won't be my last post to confuse everyone. Like I said I am thankful for all the help and maybe now I can take some vacation to Cali! Run them for pinks. Thanks cat. Meow.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha no **** right I'm sure this won't be my last post to confuse everyone. Like I said I am thankful for all the help and maybe now I can take some vacation to Cali! Run them for pinks. Thanks cat. Meow.

Go make some of that oil money and take a nice vacation. I'm considering a vacation this summer. Maybe I'll stop by my friends house in Beaumont, checkout the Gulf Coast, than head up towards Midland. haha lol

Quick Reply: ls7 clutch issues