Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.

Hey all hurst shifter people I was wondering if any of yall have seen or used this short stick with your hurst billet plus shifter base. He's the picture of the short stick.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurst...Q5fAccessories

Update here's how it looks installed. The main reason I wanted this different stick was so that I could keep my shifter ball($85) that I got for the Hurst billet shifter and the new stick is shorter. The only thing that was not right in the auction was that this stick does not lean rearwards it leans frontwards due to where the grooves are on the bottom of the stick. An a side note the picture in the ebay aution has a weld right about the grooves on the stick but when I received it, it is not welded it's on solid piece like the stock billet chrome stick. But I will say I have great clearance and everthing with all gears, if I would have problem with any gear it will be in reverse but it's called grabbing the ball tight or palm shifting. I like the setup and oh yea it's shorter. Now that being said I have 5 pictures for yall. 1st is difference in the lengh of the stick, 2nd stock billet plus stick in neutral, 3rd new shorter stick in neutral, 4th new shorter stick in 1st gear and the 5th one is my shifter ball. An now I'm not no f'n georgia bulldog fan. Do any of yall think yall are going to try this stick? If not I have an stock hurst long stick with black hurst ball for sale with gears and hurst engraved on the ball for sale.
Attached Thumbnails Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-difference-lengh.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-billet-plus-chrome.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-neutral-new-stick.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-new-stick-1st-gear.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-my-balls.jpg  

Last edited by thewholefnshow1; 11-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just used a WS6Store short stick "slightly" modified with a sledge hammer heh. I angled it to the driver's side a bit and combined with the C6 Shift **** puts it just high enough to keep a coffee in the center console but be right where my arm height is relative to the shifter.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Looks cool kinda retro!.........keep us updated w/pic's!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will. I should get the car back tomorrow or friday. I'll take a picture of them side by side lengh wise and take w pictures of them in the car before and after install. More comments welcome. An has anyone got one of these yet or used it?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The 2010 Berger SS comes with a Hurst chrome stick and a white **** just like that looks very good! very old school. You will need to make a new shorter boot.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on guys any comments. Hopefully I get the car back tomorrow so I can show yall the pictures.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Hurst Billit Plus shifter and i ordered the chrome stick from Hurst. It doesn't look like yours though. Mine is round not flat. It says Hurst on it and I have a white **** from an old 4-speed Hurst Compatition Plus linkage that screwed right on. I think it's pretty cool....
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FST SS
I have the Hurst Billit Plus shifter and i ordered the chrome stick from Hurst. It doesn't look like yours though. Mine is round not flat. It says Hurst on it and I have a white **** from an old 4-speed Hurst Compatition Plus linkage that screwed right on. I think it's pretty cool....
Yea your right the one I have is like yours, I think. The one I have now has a high pivot. I can have my car in gear and I can rest my wrist on the shifter and can adjust with radio with my fingers. But this one is supposed to be shorter and lean rearward. I like the shorter than my stick but the bend rearward will take some time to get used to. I'm so ready to get it in but I'm waiting on my tuner to give me a call. I may get the car back today, tomorrow or maybe monday.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

t t t
Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pic yet?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toadzq8
Any pic yet?
Did you see the 5 thumbnails at the top or did they not show up? t t t
Old 11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

I just bought one of those hurst sticks. I really like it.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the stick cause it's shorter first off and it I got to keep my speed dawg ball. Nothing wrong with the high pivot stick but something shorter was great for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do yall think this is something yall would try or like?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Looks good bro!.......not sure if I could hang w/my shifter being any more forward tho?

I went w/TNA Motorsports stick, It's like the WS6 store strait stick but comes w/a spacer block & positions the stick in center of console.....Very happy w/it!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SladeX
I just used a WS6Store short stick "slightly" modified with a sledge hammer heh. I angled it to the driver's side a bit and combined with the C6 Shift **** puts it just high enough to keep a coffee in the center console but be right where my arm height is relative to the shifter.
pics!!! interest in angling mine back
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

I also got the hurst billet. I love this thing. Get so many compliments. But always hoped for a shorter stick. Finally the car gods heard my prayer! please post more pics. thanks
Attached Thumbnails Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-tranys.jpeg  
Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dark-LS1
I also got the hurst billet. I love this thing. Get so many compliments. But always hoped for a shorter stick. Finally the car gods heard my prayer! please post more pics. thanks
I know what you mean by the shifter. I love the Hurst billet by all means but it does sit kinda high. I see you can see your whole stick but also with the stick I got off ebay it cam with the black rubber so you can put shifter tirm all the way up to the ****. I think you will like this one alot more just have to get used to it being shorter though. Since you seem like you like it alot I guess I decided I could do more pictures for yall. LoL Pictures go from left to right.

Pictures: 1st is 1st gear overhead
2nd is 1st gear side shot zoomed in
3rd is 2nd gear side shot not zoomed
4th is 5th gear overhead
5th is 6th gear overhead
6th is neutral far
7th is neutral zoomed

If you need anymore pictures at a certain angle let me know and I will get them cause I think I'm going to park the car tomorrow. Having to much fun and wasting gas. hehe LOL
Attached Thumbnails Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifter1stover.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifter1stside.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifter2side.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifter5.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifter6.jpg  

Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifternfar.jpg   Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.-shifternzoomin.jpg  
Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

woah i love it! I got to get me one... I love to show the chrome stick tho. Gives it the old school look. Thanks for the pictures!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dark-LS1
woah i love it! I got to get me one... I love to show the chrome stick tho. Gives it the old school look. Thanks for the pictures!
Hey dark that will be a great christmas gift or tell somebody to give you the money so you can get you a cheap black friday gift. LOL No problem for the pictures just trying to help a F-body brother out. I gave you the overhead shots so that you maybe but your shifter in that gear and see how much shorter it is but I will tell you it don't fell like I have to throw shifter to the back seat to put it in 6th gear. The main reason I got it cause it was shorter and so I could keep my $85 shifter ****. Cause you know the stock shifter **** is bigger and I think all the aftermarket shifter ***** are OE threaded. If you want a bigger shifter **** you can go to www.lokar.com An they have 2.25 inch shifter ***** with adatper's so you can install it on the chrome stick. I think the black hurst ball that comes with it is to small IMO. Well good luck and hope you get one.

Quick Reply: Hurst short shifters please come in. New short chrome stick installed.