Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Clutch Issues, At a Complete Loss.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 Clutch Issues, At a Complete Loss.

Ok so heres the deal i am pulling my hair out over this. I installed a brand new Monster level III clutch about two weeks ago, clutch had literally no chatter except for the very first time i drove it. Drove it for about 300 miles in a week and a half period. While putting some miles on the clutch, i go to shift at around 3k rpm and the clutch pedal drops to the floor with absolutely no pressure. so i bring it back home and change the the master thinking its done for being that it had around 90k on it, and this doesnt solve the problem, so i pulled the trans today and changed the slave to the new one that came with the clutch(didnt change it originally) There was fluid dripping from the old one so im convinced the slave was shot. got my buddy over and we are bleeding the hydraulics, we get right to the very end pedal starts to feel nice and stiff and has good pressure, then all of a sudden push the pedal down and it dies again, absolutely no pedal pressure again, and its stuck to the floor board. i look under the car and theres a small amount of fluid under the trans???? WTF did a brand new slave die before i even turned the car on?!?!? i did have the diaphragm out while bleading it but that wouldnt kill the slave would it?????
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

I've got the same issues. The pedal starts to frim up, then it loses all firmness. I look under the car and the fluid is leaking onto the ground. I bought a new slave cylinder today and will put it in tonight. I'm hoping that the slave is the problem. But now that I've read your post, I am starting to fear the same will happen to me.

What can I do to make sure the diaphragm isn't pushed out?

Anyone?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Slave

Originally Posted by jnoehl
Ok so heres the deal i am pulling my hair out over this. I installed a brand new Monster level III clutch about two weeks ago, clutch had literally no chatter except for the very first time i drove it. Drove it for about 300 miles in a week and a half period. While putting some miles on the clutch, i go to shift at around 3k rpm and the clutch pedal drops to the floor with absolutely no pressure. so i bring it back home and change the the master thinking its done for being that it had around 90k on it, and this doesnt solve the problem, so i pulled the trans today and changed the slave to the new one that came with the clutch(didnt change it originally) There was fluid dripping from the old one so im convinced the slave was shot. got my buddy over and we are bleeding the hydraulics, we get right to the very end pedal starts to feel nice and stiff and has good pressure, then all of a sudden push the pedal down and it dies again, absolutely no pedal pressure again, and its stuck to the floor board. i look under the car and theres a small amount of fluid under the trans???? WTF did a brand new slave die before i even turned the car on?!?!? i did have the diaphragm out while bleading it but that wouldnt kill the slave would it?????
I had a similiar issue after a monster 2.5 install as soon as I went to bleed it I saw a puddle and ended up pulling the trans back out and thought I had a defective slave, after I took the slave back out I found the slave housing was cracked dut to my not following the torque specs on the slave, I knew it was 18 inch pounds but I must have overtightened it or had it ****-eyed, I installed another slave this time using a torque wrench and torqued it to the proper torque specs and problem solved, hope this helps. Good Luck
Old 11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

WEll, you either cracked teh slave during install, or line is loose...check all fittings for tightness, Orings are OK, etc...

But yes, dead pedal is ALL hydro related...

Quick Reply: M6 Clutch Issues, At a Complete Loss.