Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master cyl fitment ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Master cyl fitment ?

Hi guys, i'm getting ready to LS6 my third gen Camaro!! It currently has a Ramjet 350 with a LT1 t56. The clutch master cyl is from a 97' Z28. I want to get a Tick adjustable cyl. My question is, will the 98-02 cyl fit where the 97 cyl is? I know the part # is different, thats what raised the question. Thanks in advance, Dean
Old 11-07-2009, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes our cylinder will fit where a 97 cylinder fits, atleast for certain in the 93-97 fourth gens. We offer a different line to make our cylinder compatible with LT1 slaves/clutch systems but that wouldn't apply to you.

With that said, I have never personally tested it for fitment in a third gen. We have sold a few to third gen guys and to my knowledge they must have fit. Basically the only difference is our cylinder overall is a bit more bulky so it may or may not fit into the third gen chassis.

Of course if you purchase one and it doesn't fit we'd give you a full refund. Hopefully some of the third gen guys that have purchased one will chime in.

-Jonathan
Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Yes our cylinder will fit where a 97 cylinder fits, atleast for certain in the 93-97 fourth gens. We offer a different line to make our cylinder compatible with LT1 slaves/clutch systems but that wouldn't apply to you.

With that said, I have never personally tested it for fitment in a third gen. We have sold a few to third gen guys and to my knowledge they must have fit. Basically the only difference is our cylinder overall is a bit more bulky so it may or may not fit into the third gen chassis.

Of course if you purchase one and it doesn't fit we'd give you a full refund. Hopefully some of the third gen guys that have purchased one will chime in.

-Jonathan
Thanks for the quick response Jonathan. I'm local to you. I'm the guy with the blue 3rd gen that comes to talk with Alvin from time to time. Next time I'm up, I'm going to pick one up. I need a few other parts to complete my swap also. This is getting expensive. But hey its only money, right? LOL. See you soon, Dean.