Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Adjustment Question (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick Master Adjustment Question (Pics)

All right, installing a Tick master today, I've got it bolted into the firewall and attached to the pedal. Is the long coupling nut supposed to be able to screw all the way down to the firewall? I can no longer turn it by hand and it is extremely difficult to turn by wrench. Pics of how far I got below.

Can someone explain to me how to adjust the coupling nut in case I am doing it wrong?

Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The aluminum turn buckle or coupler will not screw all the way down on the gold threaded rod coming out of the master. Without measuring I would say that it threads on there about an inch or 1 1/4 inch. Basically it should screw on an equal amount to how deep the hiem joint on the other end screws in.

When linking the rod to the pedal, make sure that the hiem joint and the other side are bottomed out. This will insure they are even to begin your adjustment. Once the rod is hooked to the pedal, simply spin the aluminum coupler while making sure the gold rod doesn't spin. Its legnth will adjust from both ends. You can probably adjust your pedal height to just below the brake pedals level to begin. Then follow the instructions to get everything dialed in for high rpm shifting and smooth gear engagement.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

I pushed the boot down and used some small needle nose vise-grip pliers and lightly clamped it down below the threaded portion of the rod. This way you don't need to hold the pliers while you adjust your pedal stroke.

And by-the-way, the Tick master cylinder makes shifting enjoyable again!

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-07-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info. I'm about to start installing my Tick today too. Glad this was brought up

Quick Reply: Tick Master Adjustment Question (Pics)