Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Co and the FLywheel back order

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Clutch Co and the FLywheel back order

Hi guys,

Some of you might not know who we are on this forum but allot of you do.

We supply the custom made Monster flywheels to Monster.

Monster is out of all Flywheels at the moment and I’d like to explain why.

We got slammed by a holiday material delay and are working as fast as possible to get the flywheel supply flowing again.
After this delay we will have the supply problem whipped for good.

These are not your ordinary run of the mill flywheels!

To give you an idea on the logistics of making several hundred flywheels, the material starts at a steel mill in a huge flat sheet.
We have the flywheels cut into circles at the steel mill with a huge CNC lame cutter.
We then have to have the circles annealed and quenched to bring them back to the correct hardness specs.
Once all this gets done a truck shows up at the machine shop with roughly 5,000 lbs of flywheel blanks.
That is when the CNC machining starts.
The actual machining is only a small part of the process, after machining we surface grind both sides to give you a perfect flywheel.
It's a long process and a hiccup at the steel mill screwed up the flow of material.
It is resolved now but there is a dead spot in the schedule hence the early Feb delivery of the flywheels.

I know this probably doesn’t matter to some but I thought I would help explain why Monster is having the flywheel problems and I don’t mind sharing some of the blame.

Sure, Monster could just supply regular Chinese made El Cheapo flywheels but they asked us to design and manufacture the best most high-tech flywheel possible because that is just how they roll!

I know the first week of Feb is a long wait but the wait is well worth it considering what your getting

Hang in there guys !

Thanks
Chris
Gforce Engineering
Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. Mine is on wait to. Monster is a great company and its worth the wait. Joey told me my PP is on back order too. I can't wait to get everything!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thanks for the work your doing Gforce
Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by araber89
Thanks for the update. Mine is on wait to. Monster is a great company and its worth the wait. Joey told me my PP is on back order too. I can't wait to get everything!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thanks for the work your doing Gforce
No problem, I really enjoy working with the Monster crew. Were working on some new exciting stuff soon to be released too

Last edited by Gforce Engineering; 01-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any word on the time frame for these flywheels? My daily driver has been down for three weeks so far waiting on a payed but not delivered clutch. If I had know I Might and let me say it again Might have gone with another clutch company. i've just wanted a monster for some time.

Roger
Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy am I glad I bought mine around the holidays. You guys wont be dissapointed at all. Best clutch Ive had in a long time....
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

WTF is goin on...performance companies being responsible, and honest and owning up?!?!
This is why i stuck with Monster........
It's worth the wait; trust me. Mine has seen counltess powershifts and prolly 20 or so track passes already and has NOT skipped 1 beat this go around Level 6 FTMFW!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Just curious, since you supply the flywheels, why didn't my Monster flywheel have countersunk holes for the flywheel bolts, and no locating dowels for the pressure plate? I've had stock, clutchmasters, and textralia flywheels, and they've all had those features. I couldn't even put dowels in the Monster flywheel, because the holes didn't line up with the pressure plate.

I haven't had any trouble except chatter, but it hasn't been to the track yet.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by regorih383
Any word on the time frame for these flywheels? My daily driver has been down for three weeks so far waiting on a payed but not delivered clutch. If I had know I Might and let me say it again Might have gone with another clutch company. i've just wanted a monster for some time.

Roger
Everything still looks good for around Feb 5th delivery of the flywheels.
Thanks for sticking with Monster, we really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Chris05ssTruck
WTF is goin on...performance companies being responsible, and honest and owning up?!?!
It's worth the wait; trust me. Mine has seen counltess powershifts and prolly 20 or so track passes already and has NOT skipped 1 beat this go around Level 6 FTMFW!
That's what separates the good companies apart from the wanna be good companies. And it keeps customers coming back

Originally Posted by MikeMs01TA
Just curious, since you supply the flywheels, why didn't my Monster flywheel have countersunk holes for the flywheel bolts, and no locating dowels for the pressure plate? I've had stock, clutchmasters, and textralia flywheels, and they've all had those features. I couldn't even put dowels in the Monster flywheel, because the holes didn't line up with the pressure plate.

I haven't had any trouble except chatter, but it hasn't been to the track yet.
Not sure when you got your flywheel but all the ones we supply now are supplied with pins (and they line up).
We never have countersunk any holes though. Maybe that was before we started making the flywheels.
The alignment pins are not critical, the bolts will keep it lined up just fine.

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris05ssTruck
you ever shifted that thing at 7800? mine never worked
Old 01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

No, but i do at 7k every time it goes WOT.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
Not sure when you got your flywheel but all the ones we supply now are supplied with pins (and they line up).
We never have countersunk any holes though. Maybe that was before we started making the flywheels.
The alignment pins are not critical, the bolts will keep it lined up just fine.

Thanks
Chris
I got it early last year. If I didn't have the motor out of the car at the time, I would've been pretty annoyed about the missing alignment pins. Laying on your back holding the PP up with one hand while trying to start a screw is a PITA. I just thought it was weird, thanks for the answer.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

So did you meet your deadline for Feb 5th? Its the end of the Feb 8th and still not clutch in sight.

Roger
Old 02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by regorih383
So did you meet your deadline for Feb 5th? Its the end of the Feb 8th and still not clutch in sight.

Roger
Were delivering flywheels in small batches all week long in order for Monster to be able to start shipping orders out this week.
We got delayed a bit and were working 7 days a week to get Monster caught back up.

Thanks guys

Chris
Gforce Engineering
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you for posting this Chris.

As of Tuesday of next week we will be back on our 72 hour from time of order shipping schedule!

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Co and the FLywheel back order