Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts

Someone playin jokes..
Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wades SnS
It is not in the clutch if you can here it louder when the clutch is released. If it was louder when the clutch is depressed then it could very well be the through out bearing or even crank walk(only in extreme cases) It is possible that you are having issues with the bearining in the front case or even an issue with tolerences on the mainshaft. Check your transmission fluid. Make sure your vehicle is level and you are checking it in the plug that is on the top. Not calling you dumb but I have rebuilt transmissions that people checked fluid levels using the bottom hole. Also would like to know if the noise is louder when vehicle is cold or after it has warmed up. If it gets louder when warmer I would lean toards a bearing going bad. How many miles on the car and how many sice you purchased it. Could have been an issue before you purchased it. I would probably index your bellhousing as well. Sorry for so much info at one time but hopefully it will help.

..RJ..
Thnx for the help. The noise is noticeable when the car is warm. It's silent when the car is cold. I just got a new bellhousing from tick, so that should be cool. Rick @ Synergy refilled the tranny when they dropped it and took it to the tranny shop, so the fluid should be cool.The car has 99K miles, i got it with about 70k on it. The kid before me beat the crap out of it. I know nitrous was on the motor. I've seriosuyl replaced everything i can think of (see sig), I've even had the motor dropped and re-gasketed (if thats a word).
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TanRchy
*update*
Steve,
I want to thank you very much for your consistent help. You sent me an upgraded throwout bearing a couple of months ago to try to help with the bellhousing noise. It helped, but ultimately, it was not the cure.
Rick installed the new stage 2 disc along with a new bellhousing to replace my old cracked one. He also got a new tranny crossmember brace to try to help minimize any vibrations from the drivetrain that I had mentioned to him. He called me and said the car was ready to go, no noise coming from the bellhousing, silent. I went and picked the car up saturday and drove it home. There was absolutely zero noise coming from the bellhousing and the car shifted better than ever. Vibration was also lowered on the freeway. The car is a lot smoother.
However... today I started to notice that there is a "noise" coming from under the car (like I've heard every time this thing has chewed a clutch), which to me sounds like the disc is not spinning correctly (straight). I can "hear" the clutch spinning when the car is on and I put my head down to listen to it. It was SILENT when i picked the car up. The car now has about 300 miles on it. I can tell that something still isn't right. The underside of the car should be silent for the most part, yet I can "hear" the clutch spinning, I can hear it rotating. When I put the clutch pedal to the floor (in neutral) the noise gets quieter. When i take my foot off the clutch (tranny still in neutral) the noise from bellhousing gets louder.
Sorry for the long post, but I think I'm coming to the realization that the problem still hasn't been fixed. I really fear I will chunk my 2nd Monster. I want to stress that this is not a clutch issue. Your product is not the issue. Ultimately, this is something that no one has been able to diagnose...My baby will probably go up for sale.
We've had a few cars come in and just baffle us, here's an example...

Car comes in with a stroker motor and a new Textralia clutch. The customer says that when he goes wot the pedal stays on the floor and the clutch slips. We get the car tore down, clutch was installed improperly and the pressure plate was actually cracked, install a Level 4 Monster, and same damn problem. We literally went through the entire drivetrain as we noticed a hell of a vibration at speed when driving this car. We rebuilt the trans three times, put three new Monster's in the car, replaced the hydraulics, and finally said screw it... I told the customer I wanted to pull his 408 apart and see if there was a thrust bearing issue with the car, he agreed and guess what? The 408 that was in his car was screwed... the thrust bearing was destroyed, 2 and 4 main bearing was spun, and the crank was destroyed. The thrust bearing was allowing enough movement to happen that it was affecting the clutch and transmission, it was a nightmare to say the least.

Bottom line, I'd be willing to bet that there is an issue with transmission or something else in the drivetrain that is causing this issue. Keep us posted if you find anything else!

Originally Posted by southpaw0314
it sounds like the clutch is dragging. do you have a tick master that you can adjust out further to see if it helps.
Clutch is fully disengaging, it's definetly another issue.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

look its simple the next clutch you have installed be there and have them point out everything that spec pointed out is indeed correct and not faulty.Have them get there gauges and meters out and tell them you want the specs and measurement on everything problem will be solve and stay there until the install is complete.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Default This tread is scaring the **** outta me!

I just for some odd damn reason start to have a slip in my stage 4 ! New motor from tsp and m12 6 speed inch ! No vibration just outta blue a hard 3rd pull then slipped like hell going into 4 th!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jrp1978
I just for some odd damn reason start to have a slip in my stage 4 ! New motor from tsp and m12 6 speed inch ! No vibration just outta blue a hard 3rd pull then slipped like hell going into 4 th!!
There's no reason to be scared really, his problem isn't the clutch alone and his problem has nothing to do with Monster.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Default Forsure

The guys a monster are good eggs ! I emailed them to see what the say! Gonna start ripping it all out tommorow !
Old 11-24-2011, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Default driveshaft balance

did you ever get around to checking driveshaft balance?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Spec 01 seemed to cover most of the bases. I saw that SNLPerformance mentioned thrust bearings in the motor- I have had this problem with other (non LS motors) but it still applies. In my experience however bad thrust bearings have made noise when the clutch is disengaged, and not engaged. On a toyota 4cyl I had it was bad enough that the counter weights were hitting the block when the clutch was pressed in, but nice an quiet at idle when idling in neutral. If your motor has been worked hard I would check them out. Also, get some pictures of your parts up- you will probably make alot more headway with all the good resources in this thread.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of interesting stuff on this thread. Any updates?

Quick Reply: Just esploded my new Monster Stage 2