Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec 3 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^
So, basically the new GM flywheel was causing the tick. It must have been catching on something.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the pics I don't really see any evidence of glazing, though it is clear that the clutch hadn't fully seated. Of course, I also realize that pics may not tell the whole story--of course seeing your most recent post I am glad that all is good! Ultimately is appears you had an issue with the wheel that was causing the ticking. Did you see any evidence of contact on the ring-gear? Was the bindex galled? Let me know as I am still interested in more about your findings.

Nasty...I hate you have had bad luck with every clutch you bought from us. There are thousands and thousands of folks that have had great "luck" with our products. If you need anything else in the future let me know. Thanks,
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Looking at the pics I don't really see any evidence of glazing, though it is clear that the clutch hadn't fully seated. Of course, I also realize that pics may not tell the whole story--of course seeing your most recent post I am glad that all is good! Ultimately is appears you had an issue with the wheel that was causing the ticking. Did you see any evidence of contact on the ring-gear? Was the bindex galled? Let me know as I am still interested in more about your findings.

Nasty...I hate you have had bad luck with every clutch you bought from us. There are thousands and thousands of folks that have had great "luck" with our products. If you need anything else in the future let me know. Thanks,
The pics are very deceiving Jeremy, The pucks were glazed and had a purplish tint on the leading edge.

We couldn't see where the flywheel was hitting or anything else. It was just fixed once that flywheel was removed.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ditto, lol. I don't know what the deal was with that new Perfection-brand flywheel. I returned it as defective today. As Bill just stated, we couldn't see any points of unusual contact. At this point, I'm just REALLY glad it worked out. I have all new GM hydraulics, flushed the tranny 3 full times with new fluid each time, and it seems to be working great. I have 500 miles total on the clutch now; when can I beat on it??? lol
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

glad to hear you got it fixed with out spending anymore money as that green stuff is getting hard to come by these days....if you still go with those headers go ahead and change your hydralic oil to dot five helped mine shift alittle better..
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, will-do Kevin. Thanks man.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

No worries! I too am glad that all is well. Let me know if you all need anything else. Thanks,