Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Alright tick helped but didn't fix. I think I found the problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright tick helped but didn't fix. I think I found the problem.

I have been battleing the sticking clutch issue since I bought the car 3 weeks ago here is my thread on the problem

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...g-problem.html

So today I installed the Tick M/C and took it out for a spin. Low and behold the car shifts into 2-3 and 3-4 at high rpms!

Now the bad news. When doing a high rpm 1st to 2nd shift the pedal goes to the floor and the motor damn near bounces of the rev limiter. I the stick goes into 2nd but doesn't grab. I didn't have this problem with the stock M/C. So tonight I went down and bought a Mityvac and started the standard bleed. At first I was like holy **** there was a lot of air in there as bubbles poured out like hand outs from Obama. Now fast forward 4 hours later I'll be damned those things are still coming out and the Mityvac keeps losing pressure within 5 min. I take the car for a test drive No Change whatsoever that pedal stuck to the ground on the high rpm 1-2 shift like my ex-wife to a STD. So pulling back into the drive way feeling defeated I see a tiny tiny spot of dot 4 on the ground where my car was parked and it hit me!

The reason I kept having bubbles for hours and the reason the Mityvac was losing pressure was because the god damn slave must be cracked and/or leaking.

Does this make sense?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it makes sense. i would connect a new slave cylinder to the master line and let it gravity bleed before putting it up and in. i had a 98 z28 with a sticky pedal just like you describe. i did a textrailia clutch with a new slave cylinder and never had the problem again. the fluid in the slave was very black and i feel it was the reason for all the problems.

how much vacuum are you pulling on the system? you can try bleeding it, but thats also a pain. i would pony up and replace it and not worry about it. oreillys has slave cylinders for $79, it's what i have in my current car.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

I am pulling between 10-15 on the Mity.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Launching!

I posted in your other thread what worked for me