Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2010 Camaro Fidanza Twin Plate clutch Q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Default 2010 Camaro Fidanza Twin Plate clutch Q's

Does anyone have any experience with the Fidanza Twin Clutches? My stock SS clutch is smoked, Chevy does have a service bulletin on it, but my car is modded & even though the service manager is an acquaintance & I know the owner of the dealership, they can't do the warrranty work without getting GM technical services involved (also broke my output shaft & there is a TSB on it).

Main reason I'm asking about the Fidanza is that I have a carcare 1 card & if I buy through Summitt, I can get it for 1 year no interest. Right now the car is right around 680 rwhp or so on the kit, but I mostly run NA @ about 480 rwhp. My car will only be getting more powerful, so I want something that will take what I have now & more.

Any feedback on Fidanza?
Old 04-30-2010 | 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

A few CTS-V guys have them and seem to love them. They have the 6.5 that's good to 625 and the 7.6 which is supposed to hold 900. I talked to a guy that has the 7.6 in a V and he said it only chatters when it's cold and he is a little lazy with the pedal. Other than that the ones I have seen are the 6.5 and they say the are smooth as butter ans since it's a straped floater, quiet too. Also, the guy selling the kits for the V is using 2010 Camaro kits and just selling them with a spacer.

Last edited by raven154; 04-30-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2010 | 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Right now I'm looking at the 6.5 or the Monster 4.

It's at the dealership right now & they are getting in touch with technical assistance, so either they are going to void my warranty, or fix the output shaft & hopefully the clutch, but I already know that unless the redesign on the clutch is a good one, I'm still going to need a new clutch even if they replace the clutch under warranty.
Old 04-30-2010 | 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Right now I'm looking at the 6.5 or the Monster 4.

It's at the dealership right now & they are getting in touch with technical assistance, so either they are going to void my warranty, or fix the output shaft & hopefully the clutch, but I already know that unless the redesign on the clutch is a good one, I'm still going to need a new clutch even if they replace the clutch under warranty.