Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 3 with stock master and slave?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, it will be interesting to see if a stock 4.3 S10 master will work AOK with a LS1 swap and a Spec III clutch. I guess time will tell.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 01 WS6 and am spraying it with a 150 shot.
1st I destroyed a Mc Cloud Rev Loc in 2 months without 1 launch, just spraying on a roll.
So I put the stage 3 in and it let go on the 4th or 5th launch on BFG's.
I did the drill out mod and have the adjustable master, so know I am really confussed on what to do next.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: I went with stock clutch and master and slave, which is an upgrade for my '99 Z to the 01-02 Z06 clutch and 01-02 hydraulics. The guy said he would do the drill mod also, but the guy fed me so many lines that I don't know what to believe. It feels more responsive, so I am hoping the drill mod was done. I fixed the cruise control switch myself afterward (another post). I like the new clutch and the new hydraulics resolved my original problem of not being able to get into gear on cold mornings. I haven't been able to really test it yet, since I am trying to break it in nicely and I am only 200 miles in and I want to wait till 500 miles before I start heating it up.

I have a followup newbie question. I saw my old flywheel and the heatspots all over it. How do heatspots affect the clutch performance?

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 3 with stock master and slave?