Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch engage at hight rpm even with pedal down

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch engage at hight rpm even with pedal down

I have a zoom clutch kelvar kit and aluminum flywheel and notice if i push the pedal down and rev the engine to 4500rpm the car wants to leave, is this normal?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

not normal, it means that the clutch isn't fully disengaging. Is the system fully bled?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

probably an issue with your hydraulics. Are you using the factory master cylinder ? Might want to upgrade to a adjustable high flow master cylinder. Also, make sure your system is fully bled properly.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

will try and bleed agian, i do have a Ram adjustable master(all it is, is a stock master with a adjustable rod welded to it) same castings on it as the stock i took out. my pedal releases the clutch about 2" from floor, seems like lots of room for the clutch to be disengaged.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Was the Master installed with the new clutch? You can certainly check adjustment to insure you are seeing enough throw to release the clutch. You should also check the fluid in the reservoir. Is it dark of discolored? If so, this can evidence aeration if the fluid as a result of heat, you need to flush and refil the system with new fluid. Ideally this would have been done when the clutch was initially installed but since you are having release issued and will be check the hydraulics anyway doing this is a no brainer! Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i changed the master last week after having hard time shifting into reverse and at the time the fluid in the reservoir was black, put new motor and clutch kit this winter and flushed and bleed system, had not noticed the clutch engage at hight rpm before, but not sure if i had reved it in gear before the change over. will bleed again and let you's know.

Quick Reply: clutch engage at hight rpm even with pedal down