Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch help anyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help anyone

I put a ram powergrip stage 3 hd in my car and now if i get on it in like third or fourth gear i will loose pedal and not be able to shift anyone have a clue whats goin on!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Did you bleed it good. Bleeding is one of the leading causes of shifting issues. Esp. on brand new clutches.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast04gto1
I put a ram powergrip stage 3 hd in my car and now if i get on it in like third or fourth gear i will loose pedal and not be able to shift anyone have a clue whats goin on!
What is actually going on is the clutch is either not fully disengaging or slipping. Both of which causes heat to build in the pressure plate and the diaphragm spring to lose its tension, this in turn will not allow the pedal to come off the floor.

Check the hydraulics, make sure it's bled 100%. If this is the case the clutch is either slipping or you may need an adjustable master. Did you measure to see if the unit needed a shim?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Teching In

I blead it out with a mity vac so it should be good and I did measure I went off of the way the forum said to do it and it. Seemed right and then I called ram on the phone and they gave me different measurements to check it with and those measurements didn't work