Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

All new Diamond Adjustable Master cylinders TEASER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:37 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool All new Diamond Adjustable Master cylinders TEASER!

I have been working on these for the last several months and FINALLY the 3 prototypes are completed. I will be picking them up from the machine shop this coming week and begin testing soon after. These masters are unlike ANY other on the market. They are CNC machined from T6 aluminum and look awesome! Now I just have to make sure they work as good as they look, lol. I'll be posting the progress as it goes, as well as pics.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Location: Just because the voices aren't real, doesn't mean they're not right!

Coolness. Keep us posted.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any love for lt1 ?
Old 08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just installed a Tick MC in my car and its doing good so far, but I am always glad to see more options out there.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
We just installed a Tick MC in my car and its doing good so far, but I am always glad to see more options out there.
Yeah, for sure. I've heard mostly good things about the Tick master. I looked at one actually, and it is a universal Tilton master with an adapter bracket (to fit LS1 cars) and a better hydraulic line.

The main difference in my master is that it is machined from scratch, so it will be more simple and more compact than the Tick. Mine will also have the same hydraulic line, but it will not use the banjo bolt setup. The price will most likely be $299 to boot
Old 08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by killagt
any love for lt1 ?
Absolutely! However, I'm doing my masters in order of the most demand. So first and foremost, the LS1 F-body master will be produced. Then the LT1. The stock LT1 setup does not have a bleeder valve which is quite stupid IMO, lol. So my LT1 setup will probably come complete as a sealed unit (master and slave), with a bleeder valve.
Then after the LT1, I will make one for the C5/C6 Vettes, then the GTO. Then maybe even the new Camaro.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck on testing. Keep us posted
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TDP
Absolutely! However, I'm doing my masters in order of the most demand. So first and foremost, the LS1 F-body master will be produced. Then the LT1. The stock LT1 setup does not have a bleeder valve which is quite stupid IMO, lol. So my LT1 setup will probably come complete as a sealed unit (master and slave), with a bleeder valve.
Then after the LT1, I will make one for the C5/C6 Vettes, then the GTO. Then maybe even the new Camaro.
i don mean to **** off LT1 people. but is the LT1 market really have more of a demand than the c5/c6 vete? just wondering.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TDP
That a nice complete kit for lt1, Hope mind dont give up before you release it.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Badass Jason! I'll pick one up as soon as you have them for sale. Any time frame you think you might start selling them?

I still need to go get with you about rebuilding my tranny lol. But funds are kind of short right now. I will for sure though hopefully in the next month or so. MC/Tranny rebuild combo discount?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Can you through in CTS-V at the end of the line?!?!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:18 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by raven154
Can you through in CTS-V at the end of the line?!?!
Yeah, I will do that one as well.

The only reason that I'm doing the LT1 second, is that the master itself is basically the same as the LS1, so it will be easy to do once the LS1 F-body one is completed.

I also will do package deals with the master/T56 build/clutch/rearend gears.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TDP
Yeah, for sure. I've heard mostly good things about the Tick master. I looked at one actually, and it is a universal Tilton master with an adapter bracket (to fit LS1 cars) and a better hydraulic line.

The main difference in my master is that it is machined from scratch, so it will be more simple and more compact than the Tick. Mine will also have the same hydraulic line, but it will not use the banjo bolt setup. The price will most likely be $299 to boot
I'm looking foward to seeing this as well. It was our first thought a few years ago to machine our own cylinder as well...even started working on it. But with Tilton replacing their leaky cylinders with no questions asked it was a no-brainer to use them so that our cylinders have a lifetime warranty.

FWIW, our cylinders don't use a banjo bolt and we have our lines made locally. With ours, Mcleods, yours, and atleast one more in the works I guess there will be plenty of options for everyone now lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
I'm looking foward to seeing this as well. It was our first thought a few years ago to machine our own cylinder as well...even started working on it. But with Tilton replacing their leaky cylinders with no questions asked it was a no-brainer to use them so that our cylinders have a lifetime warranty.

FWIW, our cylinders don't use a banjo bolt and we have our lines made locally. With ours, Mcleods, yours, and atleast one more in the works I guess there will be plenty of options for everyone now lol.
That's a good warranty that Tilton has, for sure. I see your point there, Jonathan. However, if I read you website correctly, you guys have very few problems with them leaking. Also, everyone seems to love their Tick master . I thought yours used a banjo bolt (nothing wrong with that), but I guess I was mistaken. They are 20 bucks anyway, so quite expensive for a small part. If I have any leaking problems, then I will warranty it 'in-house'. So, not too worried about that.

I just decided to design and produce my own master since the stock ones are such junk and I don't want to pay for a Tick (granted its a great product!). I hate doing a clutch install with a stock master. I've been there way too many times with all the hydraulic problems. Sometimes it frustrates me to no end... haha

Also, when I first started looking into CNC machining these masters, it was so expensive that it wasn't even worth doing. It just took some creativity and finding the right CNC shop
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Did the Diamond adjustable master cylinder ever see the light of day?

I need to redo my slave because the shop that put it in apparently messed up and while I am at it I might as well do the job right (i.e. adjustable master and a new clutch)

Or would a Diamond clutch kit work with the Tick master?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

This project is still in the works. We have gone thru a TON of changes at the shop within the last 6 months, so this project got pushed to the side in the process. The exterior of the master is all done, and now I'm working on the innards.
If your'e in the market for an adjustable master, just get the Tick. Its currently the best one on the market. It could still be several months before mine is completed. Of course I plan on it being the best one ever!
Time will tell and we'll see.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

I think I will just go with a new slave and clutch and see where that gets me. Do you sell hydraulic lines without the resistor?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Not to hijack this, but the reason I originally thought about replacing both master and slave cylinder is that I am not entirely sure what is causing my clutch problems.

The clutch engages and disengages fine but the pedal feels different at times, like the point where the clutch starts grabbing is moving. I had the same impression before the old slave cylinder failed but this time I am not seeing the dramatic loss of hydraulic fluid.

Is there any way to determine what exactly the problem is without ripping everything apart?

Edit: Other than the replaced slave cylinder the clutch is stock.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

I noticed its been awhile since anyone posted on this thread, but was gonna tell Jason if he needs a guinea pig for when he wants to bring these to the market im down lol.

Plus a clutch is in the near future for me since i have about 40k on mine and dont know when it was last changed lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds good. Would like to see one. However, I believe pricing would be need to be cheaper than Tick to be competitive, because of how Tick has implanted their brand into the Fbody world. Just my opinion. I have a Tick and love it, worth every penny I spent on it.

Quick Reply: All new Diamond Adjustable Master cylinders TEASER!