Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bleeding clutch without speed bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bleeding clutch without speed bleeder

Ive searched and I cant find exactly what im looking for. I was under my car today about to bleed the clutch and i noticed that the bleeder was kind of set back inside the bell housing. How do i direct the fluid coming out of the bleeder so it doesnt leak all over the place on my clutch and what not? On brakes one would normally hook up some kind of tube or something but here obviously there has to be a socket on the bleeder. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:12 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/2275902-post6.html

That addresses how to keep it off your clutch. And...

Once you've drained and replaced some fluid, you can route the hose up to the reservoir, pump the pedal for a few minutes and all air will be bled out. As long as there are no leaks at connections, slave, nor master cyl. you'll have a great pedal.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you keep the valve cracked open wont it just keep sucking in air when you pump the pedal? Or will the new fluid in the bottle prevent this? I really am new when it comes to bleeding fluids and what not.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how effective would it be to disconnect the quick disconnect line from the tranny to drain most of the black fluid that way....then i could keep adding more fluid and then disconnect it again until i get all the garbage fluid back out...
Old 08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

No, it won't pull air as a net effect, it will push fluid through in part because of gravity.

I'd want to remove fluid from the end of a circuit instead of the middle. The slave has dirty fluid in it too.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey JMD thanks for the response, forgive me if the answer to this next question is obvious, i just want to make sure im doing it correctly. When you said in your first post to route the hose back up to the reservoir, youre talking about the hose that would be on the bleed screw on the slave correct?...So literally get a long enough hose to reach the reservoir and pump the pedal?

Quick Reply: bleeding clutch without speed bleeder