Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick MC worth $300? what about pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a centerforce dual clutch, slave, tick M/C and speedbleeder last night. the M/C was hell to put in because of that thick wire harness. I didn't bench bleed the M/C. Gonna bleed the system today. Any additional info on adjusting the M/C, other than the instructions that came with it?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive never had a problem with my stock one with drill mod! I speed shift at 6800 and goes nice in smooth and i have 130,000 miles on my trans and 45k on clutch, master, slave. So untill my **** gives me trouble i wont spend $300+ for that
Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Tick MC & Speed Bleeder (as well as new LS6 style slave.)

Installed them all at once with I did a Clutch install. Best **** ever!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
Ive never had a problem with my stock one with drill mod! I speed shift at 6800 and goes nice in smooth and i have 130,000 miles on my trans and 45k on clutch, master, slave. So untill my **** gives me trouble i wont spend $300+ for that
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
I like the way you think.
BTW, what clutch are you running?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Circa307
i am seriously considering the tick mc unit. Thing looks BAD AZZ but for 300 bucks.... i have spent countless hours and dollars on my a4-m6 swap so far, so what's a couple hundred more right.??
Also im also afraid that, if i dont adjust it right, the unit might be "to strong" and apply "to much" pressure to my slave/TOB and cause problems in the future. someone please make me feel better about this potential puchase cuz right now im
I just read through the thread, and I want to thank you for your business!

Just to clarify - it'd be a real chore to actually damage your clutch/slave using our Master Cylinder. As long as you follow our installation & adjustment instructions, you are 100% safe. Out of the thousands of kits we've sold, we've had just ONE customer break his pressure plate and he readily admitted that he installed the kit and adjusted it without reading the instructions at all.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Monkey_fuerte
When you go to install your Tick MC, make sure you bench bleed the heck out if it. Then install it and bleed the heck out the whole system. As long as you do a good bleed from the get go and properly adjust your throw as per Tick's instructions, you *shouldn't* damage your slave or clutch.
But be careful with this thing. It pushes alot of fluid very quickly. You can easily overextend your slave, allowing it to take in air or even end up blowing it out. And too long of a throw can damage your PP fingers. Break your PP, and your clutch wont last very long.
That's why you'll really want to make sure there is NO air in the system. If there is any air left, it will eventually get bleed out back up through the reservoir. Now your perfect length throw has just become too long of a throw and is damaging your clutch. I've had this happen to me with my Tick and one of my clutches.
Ask them about it. It's happened to more people that just me.
As with any master cylinder, a good bleed is required for proper function. Bench bleeding isn't a bad idea, but it's certainly not a necessity, especially when our master is used in conjunction with our SPEEDbleeder Line.

I'm not a tech so I can't speak to the rest of your post, but we're very clear in our instructions about the possibility of damage if you don't install/adjust our kit correctly. As I said in my previous post in this thread - we've had only ONE customer to my knowledge actually damage his pressure plate.

Mountains out of molehills for the most part.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

BTW, what clutch are you running?

ls7 but its done lol its find to drive but once you get on it a few gears you have to pump the clutch up. I can drive it for week and feels normal and it feels normal when i get on it. Its just after i get on it hard it happens.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
Same here

My thoughts exactly
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Vehicle rides very well. Smooth clutch engagement with no problem. I also installed the MGW short throw. A few adjustment turns on the M/C and that was it. Very easy. My next step is to get the whisper lid.

Quick Reply: Tick MC worth $300? what about pressure?