Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Looking for clutch recommendations for my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Tex....and it **** out on me rather fast. It hated trying to be power shifted.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Unfortunately Moster has not been out long enough to prove that. Also the great part about the OZ700 is that it can be street driven and slipped unlike the majority of competitor clutches. Most high power spec'ed clutches can do exactly that, hold at the track. But you start street driving them and slipping them excessivly, that opens up a whole another issue of survivability.
Wrong.... as far as the OZ700 there are more bad threads on them than you seem to acknowledge.. I have personally seen one die at the track..... in no time...

While I have hot lapped a monster 4 passes in a row without a hint of slip or smell, and drove it on the street quite a bit... You shouldnt speculate what you dont know.... You know how hard a spool on the street is to a clutch????? Try making a million tight u turns and driving your car as a grocery getter with a spool and no pwersteering. Thats a damn good test in itself....