Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Looking for trans upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for trans upgrade

Looking for a trans shop the can rebuild a t56 that can take 1000 horse fot street and strip use.I am close to philly but in the suburbs and want to use a local person.Any help would be great thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you thought about DIY?

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28..._Fbody_T56.pdf

If you get stuck, I'm only about 1hr away down in Delaware and could give you a hand.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Default good stuff

hey mike thanks for the info i never thought about diy and i know it will save me some$$$$
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Oh yea i havent see the glenn in a while did alot of racing a few years a go,t-1 zo6 fun times but not anymore
Old 03-14-2011, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

I have a friend looking for the same thing. It's a 700HP Turbo car that he said the gears were stuck and he pulled the shifter real hard and something broke. Now it's grinding.

He wants someone to go through it and make it good. He's a 50 something suit and tie guy who rarely abuses the car.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't find someone local I'd look into Tick Performance.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetracer09
I have a friend looking for the same thing. It's a 700HP Turbo car that he said the gears were stuck and he pulled the shifter real hard and something broke. Now it's grinding.

He wants someone to go through it and make it good. He's a 50 something suit and tie guy who rarely abuses the car.
Depending on where you (friend) are, you might want to check out Race Proven Motorsports in Northern DE. Fran <Frans96SS> is a sponsor on the boards and can pull the trans and ship it out to RPM transmissions for rebuild/mods/etc.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROCKETWS6
Looking for a trans shop the can rebuild a t56 that can take 1000 horse fot street and strip use.I am close to philly but in the suburbs and want to use a local person.Any help would be great thanks
For that kindof power a T56 Magnum is what you would really need for good solid reliability against burning up the input and cluster. If that isn't an option one of our Super T56 transmissions which are built very similar to trans in 85MikeTPI's build thread would be the next option I would recommend with the direct input oiling modification. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or give me a call here at the shop.

Originally Posted by Streetracer09

We can also build him a trans from one of our core units and send it to him. Then when he gets the new one installed we will pick up his core and get it back to us. If he needs something just give me a call.