Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what could it b

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what could it b

I just installed my monster stage2 and it has the tick master in it. I have two issues.......the first is take off! There is no easy take off. I either have to give it alot of gas and just go! If i try and ease out it jerks really bad. Stop and go traffic is really aggrevating and esp when people in front of you dont know how to push the gas pedal! My second issue is reverse. There is NO easing out theclutch. I have to creep backwards. If i let up on the clutch its like the rearend hops. It wasnt this bad before the new clutch? Could it be i need to adj the tick master?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

the tick makes the window of engagement much tighter, you have to get to know exactly where it starts to grab and go real slow

I wouldn't think that clutch drives that aggressively, I have a very similar unit in my car and it can be driven extremely smooth with some practice along with the tick master
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
FormerVendor

Try adjusting your master. If you have any questions give us or Tick a call.

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

It sounds normal to me.. It just takes a lot of getting used to .. Unless it is a twin, the more you increase hp ratings on a clutch assy the more grabby it will be. If you just cannot get used to it you will have to go to a twin disc to have your cake and eat it too..
Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Well i adj the tick master to alittle lower than the brake pedal and that seems to have helped alot. I can ease out in 1st and reverse doesnt bounce anywhere near what it did.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would adjust your driving style slightly till the clutch breaks in. A simple tap of the gas before pulling out or just let the clutch out a little to get the car to roll then push in and rerelease the clutch feeding throttle for smooth pull outs or reverse. You are experiencing chatter. This happens with many MANY clutches till they break in. Just give the clutch lots of stop and go, plenty of heat cycles to embed the clutch in. Then after a bunch of those letter eat a few times. It will continue to get smoother and smoother Trust me! Then the adjusted driving will go back to normal.

Quick Reply: what could it b