Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick M/C install question and problem. ***Update 4/10***

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal man! Hope everything goes well...

At least they didn't say "Well we looked at your utube videos and think it is x and not our MC"

I will be inspecting my new Tick MC tonight and let you guys know here what I get either way.. *fingers crossed
Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

At least you got some good news finally, but I hate to say it but it seems like their customer service sucks right about now.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

Man mine seems to be doin it to. Ive run 2 bottles of fluid threw it and still have a soft peddle. The only way i can get it to stiffin is crack the bleeder and have a buddy hold the peddle down and then close it, doesnt seem rite. But its the only way to firm it up. Is that rite? It definatly wont do it on its own just crackin it and then pump it but isnt that how its done? I got it last week and installed it with a monster clutch and all new evrything and now im havin serious prods with vibrations noises and engagement damit there whent 2 grand bout to give up.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've been weathering some bad storms coming through NC this week, and our power was out for a lengthy amount of time, and then when it finally came back, our phones and internet were down. Luckily we're now back up at 100% and we're all playing catch up to get back in touch with all the customer's we've missed.

Blwn_by_Twins, get in touch directly with Jonathan at extension 2003 or by PMing Jonathan@Tick on this forum - he's our head technician and will be the one to authorize a return/replacement for you. He's as backed up as we all are, and we're all working hard to sift through the backlog as quickly as possible.

This time of year is hectic by itself, but coupled with lengthy power outages and internet/phone outages, it just flat out sucks - not only for you, but for us too!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

I'm guessing you just skimmed over the thread. I posted that I spoke to Jonathan last night and he said that he would check it out today when it got there. Now, Jonathan did say it would be at your discretion about shipping it back. I asked that if it was defective if a new one could be shipped back for Sat delivery since I had to pay out of my own pocket to send it back. Is that something your willing to do?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

I got a replacement from Tick today. I won't be able to get it installed until tonight, but it looks like it was already installed in a car, so I assume they know it works. Joey sent it to me Next Day w/ Sat delivery to make sure I got it fast. I'll update after I get it installed.

Thanks to Jonathan, Joey, & Tick for the help and fast shipping.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Got the replacement M/C installed last night and bled this morning. Pedal if firm and all seems to be well with this m/c.

Question about adjusting it though. I have it adjusted out to just about even with my brake pedal. It goes into gear fine at idle. I have not drove it yet b/c it's raining here, but I tried to do a real quick 1st-2nd shift in the garage while the car was idling, it grinds a little and the mph goes up to like 20 then drops back down. I am pressing the clutch to the floor, just basically simulating what I would do at the track, with a fast shift, just not being on the gas. Also does it from 2nd-3rd. I didn't try any other gears. I'm afraid to keep adjusting it out risking flowing too much fluid. Not sure if this is M/C related or trans related b/c my trans WAS doing this before with the stock M/C. This is one of the things I was hoping to remedy with the new one. Thoughts, opinions?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You may have it adjusted too far out. Don't adjust it based on pedal height. Start with the rod at the shortest possible length. Then see if you are able to shift into 1st gear with the car running. If not, keep adjusting the rod 1-2 turns longer until you are able to get into gear. Then go drive the car, you may need to adjust it another turn or so to fine tune it. I have mine adjusted 2 turns from the shortest setting and my pedal is lower than the brake pedal. Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

I got to the shop Sat and checked mine out. My MC from Tick is not having any issues.

Good to hear you at least have the MC issue solved.

I would say you need to drive the car before assuming there is an issue with the trans or adjusment..

Above is a good starting point for adjustment.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

I drive it later that day and it was doing it at smyth img over 4k rpm. It want that bad before so I adjusted it back in some but haven't had the chance to drive it. I will be home in about 30 mins and will take it out then.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

fwiw I received my tick mc in the mail yesterday and installed the same day. No problems, and it is by far the best money i have spent on my car in a long time. It's almost like having a new car
Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is a bit old now, but I feel like I owe it to the op to atleast post a reply. For the past month or two we have been very, VERY busy. We are growing by leaps and bounds but our staff has not.

Within the past couple of months we have had several setbacks which have put us way behind on literally everything we do. Our phones were down for a few days due to storms which didn't help. On top of this, its tax time and the tracks are opening because its spring. This is by far our busiest time of year.

When someone calls with a tech question that Joey or Alex can't answer, it goes to my voicemail. I RARELY answer the phone because I am busy in the shop either working on customer cars or building transmissions. If I took every tech call I would be on the phone more than I would be able to build transmissions.... and I am the only guy here than rebuilds transmissions. In January/February we had a several week long backorder of blocker rings for our transmission rebuilds which has really hurt. At one point I had over 30 t56 transmissions in our shop waiting for rebuild. I have been working day, night, and weekends for the last two months trying to get caught up and currently with the never ending flow of cars/transmissions coming in I still have 15 t56's to build at last count. Because we are so backed up with current customers, I have slacked on returning phone calls. This is my fault, and I appologize. I believe I have called everyone that left a message, but at times it could have been 2-3 days or more after the message was left. I have also been slacking when it comes to staying on top of the forums. This is literally the first time I have seen this thread and the first time I have been on LS1tech in probably 3 weeks or more.

We are scheduling customer cars for work in Mid June. And on top of these things Joey has recently missed a few weeks of work. When Joey goes out, his phone doesn't get answered....and tech questions are fowarded to me. I handle more calls than imaginable when he is out, process all credit cards on orders not placed online, deal with local customers, and a long list of tasks Joey is great at which only creates more of a backlog in the shop.

We are working on hiring another office worker/tech guy which should relieve some of mine and Joeys stress. I'm not one to make excuses, we are simply facing some growing pains. I apreciate every customer because the customers are the reason we are where we are right now. We have been truely blessed with a great business and we are doing what we can to help everyone as quickly as possible.

With our current backlog, the best way to reach me is by email: jonathan@tick-performance.com. I can answer emails from home after hours and I don't have the problem of returning a call that goes unanswered as well. I certainly don't have time to play phone tag with everyone that calls for tech support then doesn't answer their phone.

To get back on topic, I did check the master in question and did find it to be faulty. Out of thousands of kits sold now this was literally the first cylinder we have seen with a problem when new. It would bleed down with pressure applied. We have had plenty of returns for suspected problems, but this was the first to actually have a problem. On warranty returns we usually replace the cylinder regardless of our findings just to make the customer happy. We only replace the cylinder itself, so if you send us your adapter bracket, you will get the same adapter bracket back....thus the reason the replacement cylinder looked as if it had been installed.

We have warrantied plenty of cylinders that were perfectly fine, and when that happens we sell those cylinders to local customers at a discounted price and then install them here in house to insure there are no problems with it. Again, this is the first case of a new cylinder with a problem.

Right now we are facing issues with our line supplier for the c5 and f-body kits, so we will probably be facing another backorder very soon for those two kits. With that said, there is no issue with the quality of our product or the Tilton cylinders we use.

I hope all of our current and potential customers can be patient as we are trying very hard to get caught up. We strive to offer great products and services with very knowlegeable support when necessary. Every call will be returned and every email will be answered as quickly as I can.

-Jonathan
Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a bad master cyl. or they installed the cup seals backwards at the factory.

Good luck,
mlatorre

Last edited by mlatorre; 04-17-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

its not hard to believe that your that far behind, you guys run a great shop with top notch service, and by far the best customer service. joey's helped me out before beyond what i would have expected, i'll be callin him tomorrow to get my t56 to ya even with a wait.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM
12 Second Club

I was actually surprised to this thread bumped up and wondered why. I don't want anyone including Jonathan or Joey thinking that I am pissed or holding any ill will toward Tick. I knew the problem would be handled, I just got a little p'vd off because of the crap going on, and communication break down that they were unable to control. After sending back my m/c on Thursday, I had the replacement on my door Sat. I figured the m/c itself had just been replaced and that the block that was in my car was the one sent back, just wasn't sure. Either way, I was happy b/c although it didn't totally sure my problem, my trans is fuked, it was one thing I could rule out. And when my trans is rebuilt, I know I'll be happy got the new M/C.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blwn_by_Twins
I was actually surprised to this thread bumped up and wondered why. I don't want anyone including Jonathan or Joey thinking that I am pissed or holding any ill will toward Tick. I knew the problem would be handled, I just got a little p'vd off because of the crap going on, and communication break down that they were unable to control. After sending back my m/c on Thursday, I had the replacement on my door Sat. I figured the m/c itself had just been replaced and that the block that was in my car was the one sent back, just wasn't sure. Either way, I was happy b/c although it didn't totally sure my problem, my trans is fuked, it was one thing I could rule out. And when my trans is rebuilt, I know I'll be happy got the new M/C.
Is this the transmission as in your words (my trans is fuked) you are trying to sell?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Yes....The problems are listed in the ad.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default T56

Ok thanks just trying to verify condition, GLWS

Quick Reply: Tick M/C install question and problem. ***Update 4/10***