Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 with wilwood master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 with wilwood master cylinder

I read that the GM internal slave cylinder must be used with the OEM hydralic line and master cylinder. Is this true? No one sells an adaptor to convert to using an aftermarket master cylinder?
Thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 12:42 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd say it's highly unlikely that anyone sells an adapter since kustom is kustom. But...

Match the bore & stroke of the stock master with an aftermarket one. Take the olde line to a shoppe that works on hydraulic lines. Get the "right" end put on the line.

I had a master cylinder end of a line added to a line with an AN -4 at the other end for a T5 master / McLeod throwout project a while back. For about 25$, they made me a line with the parts I had.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redmist
I read that the GM internal slave cylinder must be used with the OEM hydralic line and master cylinder. Is this true? No one sells an adaptor to convert to using an aftermarket master cylinder?
Thanks
I have a wilwood 7/8" universal master with a custom hydraulic line in my ls1/t56 converted RX-7. It works just fine. You just need to have a hydraulic shop mate the two ends of the line for you.

Quick Reply: T56 with wilwood master cylinder