Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How to Tell Bad Slave?? flywheel Q as well..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to Tell Bad Slave?? flywheel Q as well..

I've asked this before and didn't get any answers but I need to know.

Basically I can't get the damn air out of my clutch, something is letting it back in. I bleed it and the pedal feel comes back great and by the time the car is back on the ground its mushy as oatmeal again. The clutch slipped REALLY bad the one time i took it to the track with the new motor back in the fall,too.

No leaks are visible when the clutch is being pumped up for bleeding, and my master has the drill mod done to it. This is really pissing me off. I'm ditching this piece of **** centerforce clutch for the Spec Stage 3i this next week but I need to know about the slave so I can replace that if needed at the same time.

Next Q is about flywheel..the re surfaced stocker i'm using with the centerforce one only has few hundred miles on it and a few track passes, can i re use it with the Stage 3i or think I should go with the billet steel one..I assume I should spend the money on the billet one..
Old 02-20-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

what master do you have?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Motorboater

stock one, 01 and up far as I know( was told this by the guy that i got everythign from, it was new in bag) with drill mod
Old 02-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Motorboater

if this master was not an 01 and up like he said could that be my problem? i'm not familar with what can happen if the master is not 01 and up..
Old 02-20-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

The master isn't really the problem before 01
it was the slave.
Get a new slave and Use that centerforce for an anchor on your fishing boat.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Motorboater

HMMM...ok well this is a brand new D&D trans, I would assume they would put an 01 and up slave in it, but maybe I should be asking them that question.

The centerforce wasn't my fault, came with the deal when i traded this guy my TH400 setup to go back to M6

what a piece of ****, pretty mad I have to spend all this money to put a clutch setup in in that will work but oh well i guess.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Motorboater

Just talked to D&D, they said they don't put a slave in it, so the guy I got it from must have, I just left him a message..guess I need to find out what year slave he put in this thing, his car was an 00 as i recall so if he just swapped that over then its not the right slave..

what is the difference between the slaves for those years anyway? how could this be a problem if its not an 01 and up?

Quick Reply: How to Tell Bad Slave?? flywheel Q as well..