Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Clutch after 5 years (OZ700)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Textralia Clutch after 5 years (OZ700)

Just thought I'd come in here and tell everyone what my Textralia oz700 looked like after 5 years of minor usage (15,000 miles). Keep in mind that I only use the car on weekends and only went to the track a total of 8 times (about 20-25 passes).

Anyway lets go back 4-5 years, I purchased the clutch from ByunSpeed and had it installed by the old Exotic Performance Plus while it was there getting a D-1 and a 9 inch rear. A few weeks after receiving the car I noticed that it was making a squeal noise when leaving form first. I called ByunSpeed and they advised that I needed to break in the clutch. I proceeded to by pushing down on my clutch when driving around as I was told to do, which did not help. Going to the track was a diffrent story the clutch was the **** 4500 rpm dumps for about 3/4 of the passes I posted up top. Then I began to experience difficulty getting into 2ndd and 3rd gear (only at the track). While on the street it acted normal unless I pushed it hard (5000 rpm) shifts.

Fast foward 03/20/11 I pulled the tranny and took down my clutch and noticed that the rivets that are on the clutch were starting to come out. One of the rivets actually came out of one side of the clutch. The springs in the clutch almost came out but luckly didn't. My flywheel has one huge hot spot all the way around it and I'm thinking it might be from my clutch/rivets coming apart. At this point I'm looking to get a twin clutch but am not sure if I will go with Textralia anymore. Considering I'm no hard core drag racer I would have thought this clutch would have lasted me a little longer, but who knows. I'm trying to write this as unbiased as I can but the thought of spending so much money and hearing weird noises coming from my clutch almost immediately leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

Get a Mcleod and never look back.

Textralia customer service is a joke. They pretty much vanished off the face of the Earth....

Quick Reply: Textralia Clutch after 5 years (OZ700)