Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LUK Clutches reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LUK Clutches reliability?

When i first bought my formula i decided to take it into a shop and get a new clutch since the stock one was about to lock up. This was about 2 years ago i would say and haven't had any problems with it so far.
Back then I didn't really look at brand names and "setups" rather than just getting the problem fixed. But now i'm a bit curious on the brand and how long they last/preform well considering iv'e never heard of the brand until then.
Clutch is in a 98 Formula with a T56
Old 03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luk made the OEM clutches in these cars, and are the OEM for a whole boat load of other automotive clutches. If you wanted OEM characteristics, Luk is your brand. If you want more clamp load or more aggressive disks, that's when you'd need to look at other aftermarket companies.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

for stock power, no sticky tires or anything other than a catback, a stock clutch is fine. however, the cost of the clutch and time spent replacing it...your better off to umm....over compensate on the clutch...basically put more clutch in it than it needs, that way you have room to grow.

you may not need a clutch to hold 500 hp now, but thats one less thing you have to worry about if you decide later on to add full exhaust...cam...intake etc...

Quick Reply: LUK Clutches reliability?