Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can't get into 4th at high rpms. Help Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds to me that the forks are bent even the slightest bend will mess stuff up also boiling the fluid would do the same i use ATE SUPER BLUE and have no problems on stock mc and slave as for clutches im running the monster 3 first time at the track was fri on the new clutch and other mods and snaped the output shaft right into the first pass
Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Hmmm. with all said above it sounds like your boling the clucth fluid.
This.

Do you have longtubes? Insulate the lines, bend them out of the way of the exhaust, flush out the old fluid. Bleed, bleed, bleed.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Hmmm. with all said above it sounds like your boling the clucth fluid. On another note, I had the same issue way back in 04 high rpm shifting, I had my tranny rebuilt, bought a ram cluch. I had facotry hydrolics also. The only thing I did differant was I went solid mounts. I had the bmr stands and the solid tranny mount. I did nothing to the hydrolics and shifting at 7.k was no problem. I also ran the gm purple stuff for the clucth fluid.
I flushed the system and replaced the fluid with synthetic fluid. I was thinking that something may be shifting after I launch the car. 1 of the bellhousing bolts is missing because the hole was stripped out...This problem was there long before that happened though.

Originally Posted by 04gto5.7
sounds to me that the forks are bent even the slightest bend will mess stuff up also boiling the fluid would do the same i use ATE SUPER BLUE and have no problems on stock mc and slave as for clutches im running the monster 3 first time at the track was fri on the new clutch and other mods and snaped the output shaft right into the first pass
After the new clutch was put it, everything worked great until the 2nd pass at the track. The engagement and feel were prefect before. Now, all gears are notchy.

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
This.

Do you have longtubes? Insulate the lines, bend them out of the way of the exhaust, flush out the old fluid. Bleed, bleed, bleed.
We made sure all the lines were routed well away from the headers thinking that that may have been the problem...
Old 06-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

i'm sure u did, but did u use the free flowing hyd. line from tick, or atleast do the drill mod on the stocker? i'm starting to have the same problem, and i will be doing the drill mod soon.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jtsta02
i'm sure u did, but did u use the free flowing hyd. line from tick, or atleast do the drill mod on the stocker? i'm starting to have the same problem, and i will be doing the drill mod soon.
I got the entire kit from Tick. The entire system has been changed in an effort to fix this problem!!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What rpm are you trying to shift at? I had a problem that plagued me for a year, and 3 clutches, all were the valeo style pp.. both 11 and 12 inch versions. I had to get it modified to not over center itself (not by the master over throwing it) because at 7500+ it would not engage. so I would have to back of till it dropped below 7000, and it would engage and I would lay back into the throttle. And everyone and their mother told me I was nuts, until we tried a different style pressure plate and it shifted like butter but wouldnt hold up on the launch. (slipped)
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADD SS
What rpm are you trying to shift at? I had a problem that plagued me for a year, and 3 clutches, all were the valeo style pp.. both 11 and 12 inch versions. I had to get it modified to not over center itself (not by the master over throwing it) because at 7500+ it would not engage. so I would have to back of till it dropped below 7000, and it would engage and I would lay back into the throttle. And everyone and their mother told me I was nuts, until we tried a different style pressure plate and it shifted like butter but wouldnt hold up on the launch. (slipped)
Thanks for the reply. I'm shifting around 6600. I'm sure whatever the problem is, it has to be hydraulic related. The trans shifted like butter until my first pass at the track. I've gone to a synthetic fluid thinking that the fluid may be breaking down under the heat. I can't understand why 1 pass would cause it to break down but, I'm willing to try anything. All the expensive stuff has been replaced.