Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

800 miles after Monster Stage 2, lightweight flywheel, Tick MC... HAPPY CUSTOMER

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the O.P...

I'm in the middle of installing a Monster Level 3 and Tick Master in my 99 Firebird Formula.

According to the instructions you are to begin with the MC set with the clutch pedal at approximately half the distance to the floor as it was with the factory unit in place. I have done this, but my transmission is still out of the car, so I have no way to fine tune it until I get it reinstalled.

I'm curious, how much adjustment did you have to make to the pedal/master from this point when you adjusted yours?

My second question is, is it necessary to remove the Turn-Buckle from the Clutch Pedal every time you make an adjustment? Or is the Spherical Rod End that attaches to the pedal Reverse (or Left Hand) threaded, thus allowing it to stay clipped to the clutch pedal via the factory clip?

Thanks HoLLo.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good review to see. I was thinking of going with the LS7 clutch setup, but I'm hearing more and more about the Monster Stage 2 along with the Tick MC.....really tempting. Once I start work this summer I might have to give it a go.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
To the O.P...

I'm in the middle of installing a Monster Level 3 and Tick Master in my 99 Firebird Formula.

According to the instructions you are to begin with the MC set with the clutch pedal at approximately half the distance to the floor as it was with the factory unit in place. I have done this, but my transmission is still out of the car, so I have no way to fine tune it until I get it reinstalled.

I'm curious, how much adjustment did you have to make to the pedal/master from this point when you adjusted yours?

My second question is, is it necessary to remove the Turn-Buckle from the Clutch Pedal every time you make an adjustment? Or is the Spherical Rod End that attaches to the pedal Reverse (or Left Hand) threaded, thus allowing it to stay clipped to the clutch pedal via the factory clip?

Thanks HoLLo.
I can just reach up under my dash and twist the rod to adjust it. My pedal is just below my brake pedal, maybe like 1-2cm difference if you could look at the pedals from a side view. It seems to be perfect there. Nice pedal throw, and perfect engagement at all gears/rpms/speeds. There's no perfect spot, but I'd aim for where I have mine, and play with the adjustments from there.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I can just reach up under my dash and twist the rod to adjust it. My pedal is just below my brake pedal, maybe like 1-2cm difference if you could look at the pedals from a side view. It seems to be perfect there. Nice pedal throw, and perfect engagement at all gears/rpms/speeds. There's no perfect spot, but I'd aim for where I have mine, and play with the adjustments from there.
Thanks for answering my questions HoLLo.

I'm very happy to hear that I don't have to remove the rod from the pedal assembly to make an adjustment to the MC. I was hoping this was the case, but I didn't want to wrench on the new Turn-buckle without knowing for sure and end up breaking it.

Presently my clutch pedal is below the brake pedal, as well. Not by a lot, but enough you can tell without having to measure. This sounds like a good starting point to me.

Two pieces of good news. This is great. Thanks again, man!

Last edited by Mumbles; 05-09-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Awesome thread - all of us here appreciate your business and your kind words!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way more threads get posted on the disappointments and failures of things, than the success of a product. I wanted to share my experience. Joey, I'll be giving you guys a call at Tick when it's time to beef up my T56!

Also received my Monster tshirt today! Thanks Steve

Quick Reply: 800 miles after Monster Stage 2, lightweight flywheel, Tick MC... HAPPY CUSTOMER