Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster or Diamond

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did nothing wrong i have a c5 z06 that i daily drive I followed the break in for over 1200 miles I DON`T BEAT my car let me jest say No clutch drops no speed shifting I can honestly say this car has not seen anything past 5100 RPM since i got it back I have not talk to Steve but i have talk to Chris more then ones & seem all he want to do is point his finger @ my installer who has over 25 years in trans & clutches I know i did Nothing wrong & no one want to step up to the plate & I don`t have the money to have this redone that why i replace my clutch when my trans was getting rebuilt so I would not have to worry about this for anther 50K miles
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Teching In

And by the why not Bashing Monster jest stating the facts
Old 09-07-2013, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had great results with their twin disc Monster
Old 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman427
I did nothing wrong i have a c5 z06 that i daily drive I followed the break in for over 1200 miles I DON`T BEAT my car let me jest say No clutch drops no speed shifting I can honestly say this car has not seen anything past 5100 RPM since i got it back I have not talk to Steve but i have talk to Chris more then ones & seem all he want to do is point his finger @ my installer who has over 25 years in trans & clutches I know i did Nothing wrong & no one want to step up to the plate & I don`t have the money to have this redone that why i replace my clutch when my trans was getting rebuilt so I would not have to worry about this for anther 50K miles

If that is truly the case, what happened? What problems are you having? I have yet to see any clutch fail from being nice to it. If that was truly the case and it was a manufacturing defect, Monster will take car of you.

Have you pulled it yet?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Teching In

No like i said this is my daily driver & i don`t have the money right now to have this redone to have to buy a new clutch & pay for labor & then pay shiping n to send my old clutch to monster I did have it look @ by 2 shops & they say look like the pressure plate is Failing
Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Teching In

I will say this the time this was working right i was NOT jest very happy i was Extremely Pleased with the performance of my clutch & pedal feel now that it slipping I`m very frustrated if you saw my stock LS6 clutch @ 42K look almost like new which is one of the reasons why the warranty co approved the fix on my trans they could not say i abused my car because the LS6 clutch look so good
Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Teching In

my clutch has been rock solid until about 2 weeks ago when i was living work and noticed it slipping in 5th I immediately went to the shop that did the work to have him look @ it I then set a time to leave my car with him for the day so he can see what wrong he says when the pressure plate heat up it losing grip Anther shop said the same thing
Old 09-07-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dman427
my clutch has been rock solid until about 2 weeks ago when i was living work and noticed it slipping in 5th I immediately went to the shop that did the work to have him look @ it I then set a time to leave my car with him for the day so he can see what wrong he says when the pressure plate heat up it losing grip Anther shop said the same thing
No way to tell unless you pull it off and look and see if it's oil soaked. Are you sure it's not the hydraulics applying pressure to the pressure plate releasing it?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Teching In

I thought it was the hydraulics from the very beginning when i went back my car was still on the lift he said every thing is dry I went & he showed me I replace every thing under there bout a new slave & remote bleeder winch i bought from Monster
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Did you pull it and inspect? You never can tell without doing so, but it sucks you are having a mechanic do it because you at the mercy of His honesty and ability to trouble shoot. Nothing monster can really do here if you can't check things at their request. They do help in this area
Old 09-08-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I,ve had the stage3 monster with light flywheel for several years now. I also have an unusual defect on my crank where the freeze plug sits, which is back to leaking & causing minor chatter. While argument of brands can go on forever, I'll say that any clutch that will still bark 2nd with oil dripping on to it ain't too shabby.
Many times problems just aren't a manufacturers fault.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Dman427 -

I realize you're having issues, however, without having it out and having the ability to actually look at the unit and figure out what is going on with it your post is extremely one sided at best. Then, instead of giving us the opportunity to get to the bottom of this once the clutch is actually out you bump a thread and bash us...

I'm the owner of Monster and I have no idea who you are. Why don't you contact me directly so I can get all the information from you and we'll go from there. I can assure you that posting this kind of stuff isn't going to get you far with me. You've not been denied anything until I speak with you.

You can call the shop and get a hold of me, or, you can email me at steve@monsterclutches.com - either way, I'd be more than happy to go over this with you.

As you can see from this thread and hundreds upon hundreds of others, our clutches work very well. We are known for having outstanding customer service which is why the guys on here are replying the way they are. Like I said, I'm more than willing to help and if the issue is on us I'll get it handled, just know that this is NOT the way to go about getting taken care of.

Quick Reply: Monster or Diamond