Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mity Vac qestion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mity Vac qestion

I've done a search or two with no exact answer. With the mity vac it pulls air out of the system I gather. how does it do this in my situation. I recently did the drill mod on my 02 6 speed 108k miles all stock. But I didnt pull the master out of the car. I got the braided hose off with a little work. drilled it and put back on.
I let it gravity feed for 15min. got the fluid dripping good. then did the usual way of pumping, hold and open valve, release.. after almost 20 minutes.. pedal the same no better

Im going to get the mity vac tomorrow. I am assuming before using the mity vac you have to let the system gravity feed for awhile to get fluid in the line. Then apply 10 12 inchs vac. wait for bubbles.
But how does it pull against the check valve down by the trans.???
Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

• If the mity vac is used at the clutch reservoir, it can't pull air from the slave successfully because that line (from the master) goes to the bottom section of the concentric slave fluid. I have seldom used a mity vac to bleed a clutch.
  • When the master to slave line is connected, there's no check-action by that connector.
  • The JMD method gets the air out.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just bring it to my house and i will help you bleed it!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedracer1280
then did the usual way of pumping, hold and open valve, release.. after almost 20 minutes.. pedal the same no better
were you closing the bleeder before releasing the pedal? These can be such a pain to get *all* the air out... but you'll get it eventually!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

When I did my A4-M6 swap the slave and master were completely empty and really old. I read all these posts and advice and the one thing everyone said was, bleed it a million times, and when you think its just about perfect, bleed it more.

They were right. I opened and closed the bleeder like 40-50 times and had no pedal at all. Then all of a sudden I started getting pedal. It's so disheartening to go through almost a quart of fluid and have nothing. You'll get it though.

The only caveat is if you have damaged or malfunctioning hydraulics somewhere.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

well heck... I guess I need to keep pumping then. I gotta get some more fluid then.
thanks everybody. I'm not used to this 6 spd. had couple a4 cars before. there easy to bleed air lol