Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch and transmission issues. Will not shift jumping out of gear, all is NEW HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch and transmission issues. Will not shift jumping out of gear, all is NEW HELP!!

So last week I finally got my car back after a brand new motor, Monster stage 3 clutch, and rear diff were installed. I have less then 250 miles on this new setup and have stayed under 3500 rpms and have been babieing the heck out of it for break in.

So last night I decided I wanted to see at least alittle of this new power and took off as normal inn 1st but once I got going hit it about 60% to 4K rpms and hit it good into second. Got ALITTLE tire spin (not much at all) and it didnt feel right. I hit it to 3rd about the same way and grinded going into gear and the power just wasnt there. Car bumps out of gear??? I try to go back into 3rd and no go. Cant get into 2nd either, I then try to get back 3rd and it wont happen. I finally get 4th and cruise the 1 mile home. I get to the light and coast to a stop in nutral. I have to fight it into first and just drive the few hundred yards to my garage. I try to drive it today after posting up with some ideas. Car fights 2nd and I stop and try to hit all the gears standing still. With the car stopped in nutral it wants to push alittle forward??? I can get 1st but second is not a option. I finally get it into 3rd and the shifter gets STUCK. I mean I cant get it out with car on or off? I am pulling hard on it to. Finally I decide to use my left foot to rock the car, my right to push in the clutch and it finally comes out.

Now I am thinking I need a new slave, master cylinder, or the slave shimmed. Not sure where to start.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the transmission is stuck *IN* gear then it is a transmission issue. When you went for 3rd and got blocked out you might have broken a synchro key. This is a very common problem with the T56 transmission. Since you just got the car back from having a clutch installed the rest of your problem sounds like your hydraulics needs bled really badly.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree the first place to start is the hydraulics, I'd also check the shifter alignment just to make sure hasn't moved around on you and is causing the problems. Feel free to call me. Chris, 817-750-2000