Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick MC rebuilds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick MC rebuilds?

I picked up a used Tick MC in need of new seals, and since I'm not the original owner Tick has told me they don't do rebuilds outside of original owner lifetime warranty work. That being said, does anyone know where I could source the parts to rebuild it myself, and is it something I should be able to do on my own having never messed with one before?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't do it for free, or just don't do it period? Sounds odd that you wouldn't be able to pay them to do it, but maybe that's their policy. Don't know myself...haven't needed to rebuild mine yet, and I'm the original owner.

Regardless, the master cylinder is a common, off the shelf Tilton master cylinder (75 series), 7/8" bore. I know Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies sells the rebuild parts if you are looking for a source.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Launching!

From the sound of the email response they don't do it at all outside of warranty work, I would have been willing to pay if they would still do the service. If not then I will just try my luck with the rebuild kit.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they sell rebuild kits iirc there $30.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

summit has them for $19 part number 75-875rk if you can take a snap ring out you can do it yourself. unbolt the master from the aluminum block remove the rubber boot, remove snap ring pull piston and clean inside of mc. reverse this procedure to complete rebuild. you might check for grooves cut into the mc and hone them out if it has any. Be careful not to hone to much these mc are aluminum.If this is more then you can handle or don't feel comfortable doing so then order a tilton 75-875u it is the entire mc for $90 from summit. Then all you would need to do is unbolt the old and replace it with the new one. If you need pics let me know I have one that I can take pics for ya.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wades SnS
summit has them for $19 part number 75-875rk if you can take a snap ring out you can do it yourself. unbolt the master from the aluminum block remove the rubber boot, remove snap ring pull piston and clean inside of mc. reverse this procedure to complete rebuild. you might check for grooves cut into the mc and hone them out if it has any. Be careful not to hone to much these mc are aluminum.If this is more then you can handle or don't feel comfortable doing so then order a tilton 75-875u it is the entire mc for $90 from summit. Then all you would need to do is unbolt the old and replace it with the new one. If you need pics let me know I have one that I can take pics for ya.
Thanks, that sounds pretty simple actually. And it's nice to know if something does mess up the replacement isn't too expensive.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to clarify, we are now offering a rebuild/repair service for guys who buy our kit second-hand. Call or PM for info!