Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Newbie Spirited driving question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Spirited driving question

Guys, I bought a clean 2002 WS6 M6 back in October. It appears to be 100% stock. Normally it shifts fine, but when I wind it out to a high RPM and then let out of the gas to shift it doesn't want to go into another gear until the RPMs come down. I have read the stickies and I heard of some mod required for full throttle shifting, but i took it that it was referring to speed shifting. The 2nd-3rd is especially tough to get into under heavy acceleration. I think 1st-2nd is okay. But sometimes if I'm cruising in 6th and try to downshift to 4th or 3rd sometimes It won't go. Is this normal. or is something wrong. ( sorry if this is a question you get all the time, search wasn't helpful for me )
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found my answer. sorry guys.

"I’ve changed my fluid but I still have a sticking clutch pedal.

The next step if it already hasn’t been done is the drill mod.

What is the drill mod?

To sum it up, basically GM didn’t think things through all the way when selecting the hydraulic lines for your T56. The steel braided line that plugs into the master cylinder has a tiny, tiny hole in it, which causes unnecessary restriction. During a quick, high-rpm shift, fluid cannot get where it needs to go fast enough, so basically it will feel like you are shifting without a clutch. It may be difficult or impossible to shift into 2nd or 3rd, and you may have some problems with the pedal itself."