Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I bleed and bleed and still don't have a good pedal :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I bleed and bleed and still don't have a good pedal :(

Out of no where a couple months ago I completely lost my clutch pedal, so I decided to replace the M/C and slave cylinder. Finished replacing both and still don't have a great pedal. It shifts, but the clutch engages right off the floor sometimes feels like its not disengaging all the way. I've bleed nearly a gallon of fluid through the system and it dosnt seem to get any better. Also, I notice that every time I bleed the system again, the fluid thats in the remote reseviour is very dirty, like its been there for 50k miles. the fluid should be clean since the m/c and slave have been replaced less than 2,000 miles ago right? It dosnt leak anywhere so Im thinking air could be getting into the system but from where?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way I could get mine all to bleed out was the mighty vac into the master cylinder. I tried every way known and that was the only one that worked for me...
Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i honestly have no idea what is so hard about bleeding the clutch... it could be that i used a speed bleeder line or whatever but seriously there was nothing special about it. I will say that i did let the system "rest" for a minute or so between pumps. It wasnt anything like bleeding brakes.. if i just pumped up the pedal fast and didnt give any time between the bleeding nothing really came out. but if i let it sit then pump it up and bled it a bunch of fluid would come out... nice thing about the speed bleeder is that i put the fluid right back into the reservoir. took less then 30 minutes and didnt have to use mity vac or any **** like that.

Quick Reply: I bleed and bleed and still don't have a good pedal :(