Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

monster stage 3 clutch kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-Tick
This it the first incident that I have heard about this... We have lots of guys with just bolt ons that have a level 3 and drive them everyday. Two work here...
The holding power is great,But it does not like to be slipped..With bolt ons theres no need to slip the clutch because you haven't moved the the torque of engine from low to higher in the curve as you do with a cam..
Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would consider a cam change a "bolt on".
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bh353
If you daily drive your car in traffic and have a decent size cam don't waste your money on a level 3...the clutch will start to squeal like a stuck pig because it gets glazed and i don't care how much you launch the car hard to get rid of the glaze it will come back..I can't stand it,makes my car sound like a pos...save your money and buy something better.
Originally Posted by bh353
The holding power is great,But it does not like to be slipped..With bolt ons theres no need to slip the clutch because you haven't moved the the torque of engine from low to higher in the curve as you do with a cam..
If the clutch is squealing it's because of being glazed excessively. This is caused by a couple of things, either fluid contamination or driver error. I daily drive a GTO with a heads/cam package and stock gears, the car has terrible bottom end power and my clutch doesn't chatter or squeal, and it's got 100+ track passes and over 30k miles on it.

If your clutch is chattering I'd look into it, call me and I'll be glad to go over a few things. We've sold literally thousands of these, there is a reason the noise is there.

Call me - 817-750-2000
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O.P. the Level 3 will take some incredible abuse, it will drive great considering the power level it will hold and the pedal effort should be roughly 8% stiffer than stock, most say it feels the same. If the pedal is stiffer than that take a look at the hydraulics of the car, or, just give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
If the clutch is squealing it's because of being glazed excessively. This is caused by a couple of things, either fluid contamination or driver error. I daily drive a GTO with a heads/cam package and stock gears, the car has terrible bottom end power and my clutch doesn't chatter or squeal, and it's got 100+ track passes and over 30k miles on it.

If your clutch is chattering I'd look into it, call me and I'll be glad to go over a few things. We've sold literally thousands of these, there is a reason the noise is there.

Call me - 817-750-2000
I will call you monday..I put it in around march of 2011 and has about 6k on it..Started making the squealing noise right after break in..It's like you get to the last bit of pedal travel before it completely engauges and it makes the squealing noise..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Ever find a solution?

Quick Reply: monster stage 3 clutch kit