Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Smoked lastnight!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It took some getting used to I'm sure, but do you like it?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the stage 3 feel as compared to stock?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My stage 3 was like that at first as well(on/off switch feel), now after 1000 miles it is like smooth butter when taking off from dead stops.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah i like it, It feels like it holds way better than the stock clutch ever did.. and trying to compare the two, thats really hard to do because its totally different than how it felt..
i have nothing bad to say about any of the components that i got, the hardest part to get put in was the tick master lol. i honestly was unsure if i was going to get it to go where the stock one came out..
i almost started tearing stuff apart to get it to go in like my brake booster and stuff because it kept getting hung up.. but it fits and works well also, the only thing i wonder about with the whole thing is my peddle is a little lower than it use to be.

but i give props to monster and tick on this set up, I would buy it again if i needed another clutch well worth the money
Old 08-11-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The maste will make the pedal a bit lower because it pushes more fluid than stock so u don't need as long as a pedal throw to get it to disengage. Mine is just about level with the brake pedal but I could probably adjust it lower
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is how we set our master cylinders up at the shop.

Loosen both jam nuts on either end of the rod. Adjust the threaded rod ends out until the clutch pedal is level with the brake pedal making sure that both threaded rod ends are equal in length and not one longer or shorter than the other, a thread or two in either direction is ok.

Once you do that sit in the car, push the clutch in and put it in first gear. If the car moves forward with it adjusted in this position, adjust it out slightly until it does not.

Each clutch on each car will have a totally different pedal adjustment. They usually, note that I say usually end up where the clutch pedal is slightly higher than the brake pedal or equal with it.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Clutch Smoked lastnight!