Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch or master cylinder issue?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch or master cylinder issue?

Im going to get my trans built, it chatters, and goes into gear very roughly. Under hard acceleration it either wont go into gear at all or it grinds, like your trying to shift without using the clutch. The clutch pedal gets real soft and squishy and wont go into gear unless i pump it a few times.

The clutch is stock with 63k miles on it. Grabs fine, doesnt make anysounds, it uses the stock hydrolics.

Should I get a new master or look into a clutch kit with my rebuild?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would replace both the slave, master cylinder, clutch/flywheel and get a remote slave bleeder to make life easy.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
Im going to get my trans built, it chatters, and goes into gear very roughly. Under hard acceleration it either wont go into gear at all or it grinds, like your trying to shift without using the clutch. The clutch pedal gets real soft and squishy and wont go into gear unless i pump it a few times.

The clutch is stock with 63k miles on it. Grabs fine, doesnt make anysounds, it uses the stock hydrolics.

Should I get a new master or look into a clutch kit with my rebuild?
Hey bud. First off if you have all the stock hydraulics then I would definitely suggest replacing your complete clutch hydraulics. We make it really easy for you though. We have a monster clutch package that includes your clutch and every piece of your clutch hydraulics that you would need to replace (including our very famous Tick Master Cylinder). Lucky for you we are also known nationwide for our T56 rebuilds. Below I have posted you the link to the Complete Clutch package and the T56 rebuild site. The prices on the T56 include shipping to and from, so you would take your T56 out, ship it to us, we would rebuild it to your specification, and ship it back to you.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/
http://www.tickperformance.com/1993-...camaro-trans-am/

Quick Reply: clutch or master cylinder issue?