Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need a parts list of things needed to do a C6Z trans and diff swap on a 03 Z

Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need a parts list of things needed to do a C6Z trans and diff swap on a 03 Z

So far I have the trans, diff, axles, and a bare cradle. What else do I need??

Thanks in advance..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also need the lower a-arms and leaf spring. You will need to screw the adjusters all the way down and cut the rubber dampers off to get the propper ride height. Or you can run coilover shocks and elminate the need for the C6 leaf spring. Don't use the CV axles if they aren't from an 09 or newer car. The C5 axles are better than the 05-08 C6 CV axles. You will need AN fittings to install into the trans cooler pump and the fluid return hole. Then make a loop line to run from the pump to the return hole. You will need to put a small 1"x1" notch in your torque tube for the cooler pump discharge. You will need to cut 2" out of your exhaust after the x-pipe to rear section flange. Then you add that 2" of pipe into the arch above the transmission. On the rear diff I recommend plugging the fluild pump holes and installing your stock C5 differential rear cover onto it and eliminating the pump all together. If you are set on running the pump you will need AN fittings for the stock diff pump and run AN lines to a heat exchanger. You will also need to add about 6-8" of wire to your trans temp sensor wiring because GM relocated the trans temp sensor location on the C6 transmissions.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man much appreciated
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thats some good info Jeremy. Does this apply to a tr6060 transmission, c6 Z t-56, or both. Just curious as we have a guy wanting to do this exact swap with a newer 6060 and I wasn't sure if it all bolts up the same in regard to the torque tube.

Would you guys build a c6 Z diff in exchange for a c5 diff as the core? If not, can you build a c6 diff and sell it without a core?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
Thanks man much appreciated
No problem!

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Thats some good info Jeremy. Does this apply to a tr6060 transmission, c6 Z t-56, or both. Just curious as we have a guy wanting to do this exact swap with a newer 6060 and I wasn't sure if it all bolts up the same in regard to the torque tube.

Would you guys build a c6 Z diff in exchange for a c5 diff as the core? If not, can you build a c6 diff and sell it without a core?

Thanks!
Yes it applies to both TR6060s and C6Z T56s. You retain the C5 torque tube, just notch it for the cooler line.

Yeah we would do a C6 Z exchange for a C5 diff as long as it is 3.15 or 3.42 ratio. The customer would just have to pay the difference in core fee since the C5 diff isn't worth as much as the C6 Z06 core. Let me know what you are needing and I'll work you up a quote.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a parts list of things needed to do a C6Z trans and diff swap on a 03 Z