Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No reverse questions about rebuild price

Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No reverse questions about rebuild price

Ok so my t56's reverse doesn't work anymore. I can get it the shifter to where it SHOULD be in reverse. But when I release the clutch it just grinds. It shifts fine into all the other gears. I've even tried the shifting into 2nd then going to reverse trick with no luck.

Is this repairable without removing the transmission from the car? I would be having a transmission shop do it and don't have much money. So I could could save the labor of removing the transmission that would be great.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B1gdaddyt1ber1us
Ok so my t56's reverse doesn't work anymore. I can get it the shifter to where it SHOULD be in reverse. But when I release the clutch it just grinds. It shifts fine into all the other gears. I've even tried the shifting into 2nd then going to reverse trick with no luck.

Is this repairable without removing the transmission from the car? I would be having a transmission shop do it and don't have much money. So I could could save the labor of removing the transmission that would be great.
Unfortunately, there is no way to properly fix the trans without the removal. There could be quite a few issues. I know you said you dont have alot of money, but this would be one "part" on your car that I wouldnt do a cheap fix. Your best bet is to rebuild the trans, find the problem and fix it.

Here is a link to our trans rebuilds, if you can get the trans out and put it back in we do all the rest!!!
http://www.tickperformance.com/1993-...camaro-trans-am/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No reverse questions about rebuild price