Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick master

First off, Im not one to nut swing or make a post about items I purchased. This is a rare post from me. So here is my little story.

I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Tick master from the WS6store. I had problems last year with brand new STOCK hydraulics. Would go into gear only when it wanted to, wouldn't shift into gear above 6k and so on. I even did the drill mod and it still sucked.

I must say, all of you that installed the Tick master in under 30 mins can lick my taint. LOL. My biggest grip with this product is it sucks to install. It should be noted that R&R of the stock piece equally sucks. Not Ticks fault, just the way the car is.

So after a sore body from the install, (trying to fit my 6'3 frame in the drivers foot well during install) I got everything back together.

WOW. I didn't expect it to be as awesome as many before me have written about on tech. The T56 shifts like butter. The best way to describe it is it shifts like it does when your going threw the gears when the T56 is out of car. Its that smooth. The engagement (once properly adjusted) is nice and high. It doesn't engage right off the floor like my other set ups have. You dont have to slam the clutch pedal to the floor to switch gears, its so nice.

The pedal feel is nice and strong. I also have a spec +3 so maybe the clutch encourages it to be harder. Its not so hard that its a pain, just enough to let you know its there and your driving a muscle car.

So after my book, buy the Tick Master! It does have a high price tag but it is so worth it! I would buy it for a stock car. I did NOT bench bleed it before install. I have the Tick remote bleeder and went that route. No pedal feel at first but after bleeding through 4 reservoirs full of fluid its good to go.

Tick did not ask me to write this and I do not know anyone who works there. I just feel that when some one makes a product as good as this my fellow car buds need to know.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

preaching to the choir haha. I love mine.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

I want one bad, but i'm having a hard time forking over the 300+ bucks when you can get one from spec for 175. I do not know how good it is btw. If anyone does, i'd sure like to hear about it.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So with the stock hydrualics (with drill mod) and a spec clutch you were getting locked out of gear shifting at high rpm, but with just the installation of the tick master you can shift through all the gears at 6k like nothing?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, last year I had a ls7. The stock hydraulics went to **** at the end of the year. Pedal dropped to the floor, shifting issues etc. I've had a lot of different set ups and the tick master is the best experience I've ever had. I've had a stock master (no drill mod) work perfect and it still wasn't nearly as nice as the tick is.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
So with the stock hydrualics (with drill mod) and a spec clutch you were getting locked out of gear shifting at high rpm, but with just the installation of the tick master you can shift through all the gears at 6k like nothing?
To answer you simply. YEAH DUDE! Did the same thing with mine. Pedal went soft going into third and locked me out. No more!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cosmos
First off, Im not one to nut swing or make a post about items I purchased. This is a rare post from me. So here is my little story.

I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Tick master from the WS6store. I had problems last year with brand new STOCK hydraulics. Would go into gear only when it wanted to, wouldn't shift into gear above 6k and so on. I even did the drill mod and it still sucked.

I must say, all of you that installed the Tick master in under 30 mins can lick my taint. LOL. My biggest grip with this product is it sucks to install. It should be noted that R&R of the stock piece equally sucks. Not Ticks fault, just the way the car is.

So after a sore body from the install, (trying to fit my 6'3 frame in the drivers foot well during install) I got everything back together.

WOW. I didn't expect it to be as awesome as many before me have written about on tech. The T56 shifts like butter. The best way to describe it is it shifts like it does when your going threw the gears when the T56 is out of car. Its that smooth. The engagement (once properly adjusted) is nice and high. It doesn't engage right off the floor like my other set ups have. You dont have to slam the clutch pedal to the floor to switch gears, its so nice.

The pedal feel is nice and strong. I also have a spec +3 so maybe the clutch encourages it to be harder. Its not so hard that its a pain, just enough to let you know its there and your driving a muscle car.

So after my book, buy the Tick Master! It does have a high price tag but it is so worth it! I would buy it for a stock car. I did NOT bench bleed it before install. I have the Tick remote bleeder and went that route. No pedal feel at first but after bleeding through 4 reservoirs full of fluid its good to go.

Tick did not ask me to write this and I do not know anyone who works there. I just feel that when some one makes a product as good as this my fellow car buds need to know.
You must have had the remote bleeder already installed ... it is my understanding you have to drop the transmission to install the bleeder or did you do "the hole in the transmission tunnel mod" ... ?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought the remote bleeder last year. I highly recommend it. Can't beat a one man bleed job
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drop the tranny to install the bleeder. It would b nearly impossible to install the remote bleeder with out removing the trans
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

I look forward to trying my correctly bled tick @ the track. Around town it is so smooth all the time. The install was a bitch...Im 6' and had a sore body the next day as well. To my delight I didnt need the remote bleeder because I pulled the carpet back to find the previous owner drilled a hole in the tunnel.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

OP ... I am jealous. I am still sorting out my car shooting for the 6's/10's. I have neither the Tick MC or Tick Bleeder. My M6 shifts reasonably well and the OZ700 has 5,000 miles on it. and a new GM slave went in at that time by the previous owner. There are times I do lose pedal pressure but it is bearable for now.

My plans next year is a Tick rebuild and while everything is out, I will install the MC, Bleeder and SFI bellhousing. Hopefully, my clutch will still be fresh by then.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmos

Thanks for the kind words. We are glad that you like it!! It is truely a UPGRADE that every T56 should have!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your right on that Chris. The tick master and SFC's are #1 mods to do to an fbody IMO. I noticed to today that the car rolls on the slightest pitch. I haven't ever had that in any of my t56 cars. Cheers to you guys for a great product

Quick Reply: Tick master