Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch 'fades' after hard spirited driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEGATRONSS
As an owner of a tick MC, it's a nice peice.

However it would be nice if a vendor rep gave more information than just 'buy our product'.

You should first flush the clutch fluid, but just buying a tick MC may not solve the problem. Especially if the car is bucking like that. You might need a new clutch assembly man. Pressure plate may be malfunctioning.

A tick MC DID NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM, which was the clutch sticking. Is it a nice peice, and would I recommend it? Yes. But it's kindof annoying that a tick rep just says buy our product and doesn't mention you may have a more in depth problem, especially if the car is bucking.

I like tick performance but come on man do a little more for the guy than market your unit...
The bucking is probably from me letting the clutch out too fast. If I really ease the pedal up then there's no bucking.

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Everyone that has a Tick MC will swear by it & it is a great product. The bucking I doubt is a clutch or hydraulic issue & possibly a misfire, plug wire breaking down under load as it happens at such a low rpm. A random misfire like that may not even set a code or the SES light either. I bet if its driven up a hill at the same rpm & it bucks without shifting that would help confirm it.
So what should I do when I'm going up a hill to test if the car is misfiring causing the bucking? The bucking does not feel like it's coming from the engine though, and I've never had a problem with misfiring at any other time. The previous owner took very good care of the car, but it's a possibility.

Originally Posted by dc4bill
honestly man depending on how many miles are on your master, it might not be worth much, throw it on here for cheap with the mileage and help somebody out by selling it cheap in case they really need it
Is $50 a good price? I have no idea how much they go for. It's got 84k on it.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Budget friendly answer..... do the drill mod on your stock master. My clutch felt substantially better after performing this. It's very cheap to do as well.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was thinking about the drill mod, I searched but couldn't really find a write up for it.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here ya go: Drill Mod
Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

learn from past experience like i have dont use just ok parts,i thought a ram clutch and master was ok but it bucks just cruising down the road and its dyno tuned.time for a tick adj master and monster clutch soon.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
learn from past experience like i have dont use just ok parts,i thought a ram clutch and master was ok but it bucks just cruising down the road and its dyno tuned.time for a tick adj master and monster clutch soon.
Well if the drill mod doesn't work then I'm not out anything except a couple hours of my time. You're right though, don't cheap out the first time then have to go back and spend more to make it right.

Quick Reply: Clutch 'fades' after hard spirited driving