Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

After LS rebuild, T56 wont go into gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After LS rebuild, T56 wont go into gear

I just rebuilt my motor. It is completly stock and i mainly focussed on the bottom end. However, before the rebuild, my T56 was working fine. After, my T56 dosnt want to go into gear. When I am driving normally, it goes in without any issues but when I am hard on it, it will refuse to go into almost all the gears. Even reverse. Now I know a little about syncros but could it possably be my clutch going out? I have blead my clutch several times thinking there was still air in the system. There might still be but after all the bleeding, it pretty much stayed the same. So my options that I know of are: re-bleed it, buy a new clutch, or rebuild my trans. I do want to state again that it worked perfect before my rebuild. Hope fully some one knows or can guide me to an answer. It's a 2000 all black Firehawk by the way.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most likely its not the trans at all. sounds like you have a hydraulic issue. you may need to bleed the clutch again or your master cylinder may be going bad
Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a prefrence on which one to get if i had to purchase a master cylinder? I blead the crap out of the thing too. when I had the issue the first time, I re-blead it. Then re-blead it again.

Quick Reply: After LS rebuild, T56 wont go into gear