Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Recommendations? Slave failure? LS7 clutch kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations? Slave failure? LS7 clutch kits?

Alright guys,

Prior to yesterday, stuff was working wonderfully (Although shifting at high RPM was a little iffy). Found myself at a red light, and when it the light went green I reached for the clutch. And I reached. And after a moment of confusion I looked to see it on the floor. Clutch reservoir was completely dry.

So. I am thinking bad slave. Assuming that is the problem (I am going to bleed the bloody hell out of it and pray, but odds are this ain't that easy) ...a quick trip to autozone should take care of that. New master... New slave. call it a day.

Now question... the clutch is close to the end of its life, it has seen city driving for the past 65k full of hills, autocross here and there, blah. Being that to replace the slave I have to drop the trans, I am considering changing everything, and was wondering which of our wonderful sponsors generally gives the best deals on ls7 clutch kits?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guys at Colorado Speed or Tick Performance can get you a great deal on a Monster. Our Level 1 is a much better unit and will still provide super easy drivability.