Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch is sticking to the floor. Just bought a RAM adjustable Master and have Q's!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Clutch is sticking to the floor. Just bought a RAM adjustable Master and have Q's!

My clutch has been sticking to the floor and until a couple days ago it was still drivable. Now I can't even get it in reverse without it grinding gears... I read a lot about this problem on threads here and through the net so I decided to go with changing out my master cylinder since bleeding the clutch didn't work. The fluid had a lot of clutch dust in it. Any chance I can get some input from people with similar problems in the past or someone who knows what they are doing?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The rod on my RAM master bent + the cylinder started leaking. Your mileage may vary, of course. I went with Wilwood (requires car mods), most people go with Tick, I believe (no mods).

Have you done the "drill mod" yet?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Damn I hope that don't happen to me! haha Yes I did the drill mod, but when I did I found out that the previous owner had already installed a speed bleeder... Oh well. Good to know anyways. I've already ordered the part so I'll just go with it for now.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marine0311
Damn I hope that don't happen to me! haha Yes I did the drill mod, but when I did I found out that the previous owner had already installed a speed bleeder... Oh well. Good to know anyways. I've already ordered the part so I'll just go with it for now.
I replaced the master, slave, line and performed the drill mod before I installed it and still nothing. It would work fine except if I raced it. I had 200k on the stock clutch so I replaced it with a Spec stage III and never had an issue shifting or going in reverse or anything no matter how hard I drove it.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
gnx
On The Tree

was the peddlle good before you did the clucth and bad right afterwards/sounds like air if it was/ sometimes it can take a lot to get the air out
Old 06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

My clutch is good, there's only like 60k on it. I've just been shifting aggressively and messed up the master I'm sure. I hope the slave is good cause I don't want to go through all that trouble. My peddle was good. Never had a problem with it before. Now it sticks to the floor and I have to pull it back with my foot then pump it in order to shift. I had been dry shifting it for a couple days, but I just parked it and have left it alone. Just having my buddy take me everywhere. haha

Quick Reply: Clutch is sticking to the floor. Just bought a RAM adjustable Master and have Q's!