Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

F body clutch issues..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F body clutch issues..

So im having some clutch issues with my t56(clutch issues in a fbody, unheard of right...? lol) So the car has 219k on it, About 3500 miles ago I was having issues shifting the car at wot(would grind VERY bad and not go into gear, then cruising around it would not want to go into 3rd or 4th without grinding bad or kicking back out of gear(possible bent shift fork/worn synchro's?), so I wrote that off as having a higher mileage trans. clutch is a centerforce dual friction 12" that was installed about 15k ago with a new 02 slave. After the clutch install i had no issue's shifting at wot but 12k or so later everything started getting bad. So I got another trans for it that I know had 0 issues(drove the car it came out of before i pulled the trans for my car). Long story made short, The car shifts very nice and smooth while just cruising around but is still hard to shift at wot(no grinding though) but I do have it grind on quick downshifts, if i downshift it slow and let the synchro's work it will not grind at all. The Master cylinder is still original(219k on it and fluid is jet black) So im going to replace it regardless, I was reading that they updated the MC's in 01/02? ill be getting a 02 And doing the drill mod on it then. Anybody have any input or experience with this?
Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much start with getting that 200+k mile master for sure, flush the hell out of the fluid and get back to us with your results.

Quick Reply: F body clutch issues..