Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal stuck to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pedal stuck to the floor

My clutch pedal is stuck to the floor. We tried to bleed it with no luck.
I did not notice any fluid until we started bleeding it. While trying to bleed it it puked a pile of fluid. Does anyone have a good way to bleed it.
This also happened a month ago after we put the 6.0L in and all we did was bleed it.(pump the heck out of it until it can off the floor)
This time I was driving and did a little pull. Pressed the clutch near redline and it stuck down. I managed to start it in gear and limp it home with no clutch.
I dont have access to a mity vac. It would take a week or two to ship it to Canada.
I need a good way to bleed it manually or determine if its shot.
Is there a way to test the slave and or master. I'd rather not throw parts at it.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a tick clutch master and a tick speed bleeder and be done with it
Old 07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

mityvac s how i got my major air bubbles out. if you run a hose from the open bleeder and stick it in the resiviour , just continue to pump it and it should cycle most of the bubbles out
Old 07-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Finally....usually the story is a bunch of flimsy-legged guys complaining about how they can barely push the pedal on their aftermarket clutch setup. This is the opposite. Like TransamGCS said, Tick is the way to go. When I put mine in, I connected the reservoir, master cylinder and slave all outside the car and hung them up vertically and actuated the master by hand. This made all the air either come out the bleeder or rise to the top into the reservoir. I also rolled each part around by hand and worked any air out of it like that. It worked great. If you decide to change masters, I would definitely do it like that. If keeping the standard style master....drill mod. As far as other forms of bleeding, I have no experience with the mighty vac. Didnt have to use it. A lot of guys on here have had success with them so maybe try to find someone near you that has one to borrow. Keep us updated. Good luck with the problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to start with replacing the master. My slave is almost new so hopefully its not the problem
I'm also going to drill a hole to access the bleeder screw from inside the car.
It looks like it makes bleeding the system alot easier.
If that does not fix it I'm going to have to do the slave.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

I would replace with a stock master and drill mod it first, then goto the slave then the clutch if you are having problems still. With my car the clutch was the issue, but yours could be any of the 3.

Quick Reply: Pedal stuck to the floor