Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help with tick master adjustment!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Need help with tick master adjustment!!!

So i recently installed a tick master cylinder with a monster stage 3 clutch set up. Now my issue is im not sure on if i have the clutch pedal/tick master set up right.... The pedal is firm which i know is normal. I first set the pedal a little high ans now reading that that is wrong i decided to change it cause the engagement was at the top of the pedal aswell....

Soo i re adjusted for a while and it is smoothly going into first gear reverse is kinda notchy but i believe its the shifter i have. Anyways now i have it set up where it engages low but the pedal is a little lower then the brake pedal and doesnt have too much pedal push room it just feels awkward.... Im wondering if i screwed it up originally installing with adjustment and now i just cant set it up right. I threaded the rod all the way in... Conected the eye to the pedal and turned the rod outwards from the master. Then the eye and rod connected would adjust itself accordingly but i dont know if thats right !!!

So confused if anyone has insight on how to properly set it up it would be appreciated cause im worrying now and dont want to ruien an 1300 investment!!

Thanks Giancarlo
Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My clutch pedal sits just below the brake pedal. Not 100% sure it's perfect, but it's darn close.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you're adjusting it correctly now. You probably haven't hurt anything...just continue to adjust the rod out slowly until the transmission shifts into gear while sitting still easily, then go out and do some high rpm shifts. Adjust the pedal out accordingly.

Usually monster clutches release pretty close to the top of the pedals travel regardless. It doesn't take a lot of stroke of our master to make one fully release. With that said, if your pedal isn't any higher than the brake pedal you should have nothing to worry about.

One thing most don't realize, is our master isn't going to change how far the pedal moves before the clutch disengages. If the pedal moves 1" and then starts to disengage the clutch it will do that regardless of if the pedal is 3" from the floor or 6" from the floor in terms of your adjustment.

By having a shorter stroke while still achieving a full clutch release will help ones shifting when driving aggressively, the real benefit of our cylinder is for the guys who have a clutch that won't fully disengage with the oem master.

Quick Reply: Need help with tick master adjustment!!!