Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch help please

Hello, i was hoping to get a little guidance from guys that have gone through a few different brands of clutches. First off let me explain my issue. I'll start off by letting you know my car is 99% steet, i may hit the track once or twice a year and only put about 2000 miles on it a year. The first clutch i had in was a SPEC stage 3, at the time i was putting down 440 to the wheels. This clutch lasted about 4 years (8000 miles) then started slipping, which i was told was do to steet driving. I then went to a Stage 3.5 Monster clutch which was more steetable. I also added a 150 shot of nitrous about a year ago. Well about 3 weeks ago i was driving home and went to shift into second gear and it wouldnt go into gear, not any gear. come to find out my clutch wasnt disengaging. I tried upgrading to a tick M/C but that didnt fix it, so i'm guessing the clutch will need replaced. This clutch lasted 3 years (about 6000 miles). So my question is what would be a good clutch that can put up with 600rwhp that is mainly steet driven that i wont have to replace ever couple of years, and should i maybe go with a twin disk.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

You may be seeing a slave related issue too, it would be worth checking this before assuming that the clutch needs to be replaced. As for a drivable and durable option, I would suggest the SPEC Stage 3+. It will offer higher capacity and better drivability than the Stage 3 you originally had and, though usage affects clutch wear, I have folks with tremendous amounts of daily usage mileage on these units!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
You may be seeing a slave related issue too, it would be worth checking this before assuming that the clutch needs to be replaced. As for a drivable and durable option, I would suggest the SPEC Stage 3+. It will offer higher capacity and better drivability than the Stage 3 you originally had and, though usage affects clutch wear, I have folks with tremendous amounts of daily usage mileage on these units!
I know there could be other causes, but I'm just trying to be a little proactive. I'd like to get some opinions and start researching now so if it does end up being the clutch I hopefully know which clutch I'm going with. The more I read the more I'm thinking a twin disc.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

A Twin is great if you have enough power to require it and want to spend the money associated with buying one! Keep me posted if you have any further questions. Thanks,