Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch, then fail

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new clutch, then fail

Ok i had a spec stage 3 installed a few weeks ago, everything was fine,i did the break in period and never even ripped on the car since the new clutch,on the way home from a job interview i had (which went very well) my clutch pedal was barley there,imo i thought air might have got in the line since everything else was new, well i took it back to the guy that installed it,he did the line and then i had nothing,knowing i needed the car asap i called my buddy and had the car towed there, well now they have to pull the trans lol, does anyone have a clue to what could be wrong,i mean all the parts are new,clutch,flywheel,master/slave etc, i will know more tues but in the mean time i have to rent a car for the week since my truck blew a rear,just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong.i mean there is only 703 miles on everything
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

If they are pulling the trans they must suspect it to be the slave. Even though it's new. I have seen them fail.
If you lost your pedal feel then it's a hydraulic issue. I don't think it's the clutch.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you lost you peddle and have not lost fluid it is the master cylinder if you have lost your peddle and have lost fluid find where the fluid is going and that will be you problem
Old 09-05-2012, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loss of pedal and an inability to get it to regain pressure is most commonly related to a hydraulic issue. This could be relative to the slave or master cylinder. Have you noticed any fluid dripping from the bell or any fluid on the firewall? Have you checked your fluid level in the reservoir?

Quick Reply: new clutch, then fail