Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch kit.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch kit.

Hi !

I'm going to replace my clutch during the cold winter here in Sweden.
I need some tips/recomendations about a good clutch kit.
I have approx 400 hp.

Best regards

//Patrik.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

what kind of car?
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Monster level 2 or Spec stage 2 would be my recommendations.

We offer both of those clutches through our dealer network and we also offer the LS7 clutch, Mcleod single disc units and Centerforce clutches.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Monster level 2 or Spec stage 2 would be my recommendations.

We offer both of those clutches through our dealer network and we also offer the LS7 clutch, Mcleod single disc units and Centerforce clutches.
Monster Level 2... It will also give you some extra room to do a few upgrades down the road.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Monster Level 2... It will also give you some extra room to do a few upgrades down the road.
Hey I can't be too biased now
Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Monster Level 2 have one in my new car and my buddy also has one going in...

Just gotta get this Tick MC dialed in.. too many adjustments
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
Monster Level 2 have one in my new car and my buddy also has one going in...

Just gotta get this Tick MC dialed in.. too many adjustments
We're gonna work on that till we get it right!

Baby steps!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Launching!

I installed a monster level 2 this past spring and I'm happy with it...i track (lapping) and autox the car and drive it on the street as well. I'm pretty sure i'm close to stock HP...

the monster 2 clutch is well made and has very good "hold" capabilities...when i take my transmission out, we will find out how well it wears

I went with a lightened flywheel (18lbs) and i don't know if it was the right move. There is a slight increase in acceleration however there is slightly more vibration in the car as the weight of the flywheel can't absorb as much vibration as the stock flywheel (28.8lbs)...accelerating from stop also requires practice as the revs must be higher when taking off. This gets easier with practice and clutch break-in

I looked into spec 2 and 3...good clutch but you may have to shim the slave cylinder which means that measurements may need to be taken to determine what width of shim to use...this not the case for the monster clutch.

If you compete (track, drag, autox)...I recommend the monster. if you only drive on the street, alot of folks love the LS7 setup.

While you are in there, install a bleeder line for your slave cylinder...relative to the clutch, its not expensive and you will be able to bleed your clutch by yourself.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by brigade24
I installed a monster level 2 this past spring and I'm happy with it...i track (lapping) and autox the car and drive it on the street as well. I'm pretty sure i'm close to stock HP...

the monster 2 clutch is well made and has very good "hold" capabilities...when i take my transmission out, we will find out how well it wears

I went with a lightened flywheel (18lbs) and i don't know if it was the right move. There is a slight increase in acceleration however there is slightly more vibration in the car as the weight of the flywheel can't absorb as much vibration as the stock flywheel (28.8lbs)...accelerating from stop also requires practice as the revs must be higher when taking off. This gets easier with practice and clutch break-in

I looked into spec 2 and 3...good clutch but you may have to shim the slave cylinder which means that measurements may need to be taken to determine what width of shim to use...this not the case for the monster clutch.

If you compete (track, drag, autox)...I recommend the monster. if you only drive on the street, alot of folks love the LS7 setup.

While you are in there, install a bleeder line for your slave cylinder...relative to the clutch, its not expensive and you will be able to bleed your clutch by yourself.
Thanks man
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another vote for a monster level 2

Quick Reply: Clutch kit.