Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help choosing the right clutch for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Need help choosing the right clutch for me

Tech 6 speed guys I want some help. I have been reading on clutches a little. My mods are in my sig but also soon I will be adding h/c. I won't my new clutch to be able to hold the power I will make. I bought my car back in march and I do not know what clutch is in it now.

I have been leaning towards the monster stage 3. I understand it's a puck style clutch but I don't understand the differences between clutch types.

I've also read different reviews on twin disk clutches. Could someone explain the difference between the different types.

Some say stage 3 are like on/off switches as well as the twins. I slip the clutch a little now on take off but I am willing to learn how to relearn taking off with a twin or puck style clutch

Car will see street and track time when next year rolls back around. I want to be able to launch it on slicks eventually and not have to worry
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the order man
Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Thanks for the order man
No problem. Big thanks to John G. Awesome customer service answered every question I had and was very patient with me. Thanks again
Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stage 3 monster and yes its a on/off switch, it grips like a motherf*cker, unless you need a clutch like that i wouldnt get it, its not a fun clutch to DD with imho, alot of people over clutch there cars and then hate them, make sure you get one that fits your needs
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
I have a stage 3 monster and yes its a on/off switch, it grips like a motherf*cker, unless you need a clutch like that i wouldnt get it, its not a fun clutch to DD with imho, alot of people over clutch there cars and then hate them, make sure you get one that fits your needs

That's what made me go with the level 2 over 3. Read to much of its a on/off switch

Quick Reply: Need help choosing the right clutch for me